• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smaller breeds and larger breeds together?

fionalouise

Warren Scout
Does any have, or no of any one who has a smaller breed bonded with a larger breed? Like a dwarf lop with a frenchie? Just wondering if its ever been successful and what the positive and negative things about it are. I'd love a french lop, unfortunately no more bunnies for me, but just for future info, my other buns are small and medium so would that work?

Thanks!

Fiona x

I have a dwarf cross and and a large REW bunny (possiably a newzeland white) they live very happily together. I was a bit worried at first, in case she might hurt him (he's the dwarf x) but everything has been fine and they look so very cute together. Shes big, hes small. Hes black, shes white, very very cute.

Denny has a frenchie and a smaller bun together and they are very happy! frenchies are very laid back xx :D

ooo yay! thank you. that gives me something nice to look forward to :D Thanks every one. and if any one has any pictures of their frenchies with their little buns, i'd love to see them, islalee I'd love to see your two opposites!

x

There is one problem with dietry requirements....

Obviosuly the bigger bunny will need more food, so it would be be making sure your bigger bunny weight stays normal, while ensuring smaller bunny doesn't get fat. :D

I have a frenchie with a small bunny and they are so in love!! As SOAD says, feeding can be a problem, but the little one makes sure he gets his share of the food!! It is difficult to get the balance, I give them one each of everything, but give my Frenchie the bigger piece. Unlimited hay is available for both of them anyway, and I feed pellets only a small handful per evening and scatter these about. They both seem fine so far, but I think having good quality hay at all times is key.
xx

Kayj at bunnyhops has a large rabbit with a little one and they're so cute, the little one snuggles up to his partner, very sweet together

About the food thing, once your in a routine with it, it goes really well. My bunnies are even on different types of food (pellets), and eat next to each other but dont go in each others bowls! I do have to put down Abbeys SS befor I put down Nunzeo jr & dwarf food though, otherwise she gets confused.

Little Nomad likes big, voluptuous Does 8) 8)

Picture593.jpg

Janex

Back