• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild bunnies update

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
hello

just incase some of you didn't see my previous posts, we found 4 baby bunnies on our allotment last tuesday (that almost got rotavated) believed to be about 4 days old. we tried leaving them outside the plot to give the mum a chance to find them, but unforutunately she missed them.

With temparatures dropping and them not having food I decided to take them to the vets for advice. I decided to hand rear them not having done this before had a practice session with one of the veterinary nurses.

Well its now wednesday and they're about 12 days old and doing great!

Now have quite a bit of fur on them and nice rounded tummies, teeth are real bunny teeth, noses are twitching, and ears are getting longer!

also eyes are starting to open! one opened his last night, I believe another one has today and the other 2 are almost there.

All feeding off the syringe really well, they are beginning to realise this is food and sometimes its hard to get them OFF the syringe! get themselves in the weirdest positions and are all desperate to wrap their feet around the syringe but all but one long legged fella is able too!

Suzanne

hello

have no idea at the moment what to do with them! someone did send me a pm regarding a potential home but i haven't heard anything back from them since i replied.

i would love to keep them but not sure if i've got enough to meet their needs ie lots of SPACE!

OMG I would love to have them (I'm somewhat of a fan of wild bunnies as you can guess :love: :lol: ) but unfortunately lack of space would prevent me :cry: Do you know what sexes they are yet? Good luck with them and keep us posted with developments. :D

the veterinary nurse looked at them the other day and thought one of them may be a girl but don't know about the other four.

not sure if all four could be kept together regardless of their sex?

Hi

They sound as though they are thriving - well done!

I took in 5 on Tuesday that were dug up on a building site. They are probably about the same age as yours, just waiting for the runty one to open its eyes.
Its brill when they start hanging off the syringe isn't it! This lot havn't got the hang of it yet and are being very naughty :roll:

it seems to be the time for people finding bunnies! my partner rescued another 2 from the allotments last week which were older put them in the hedgerow hopefully they're ok, the man whose plot it was i suspect was going to 'dispose' of them in some other manner but my other half grabbed them put them in his jumper and sneaked off.....

at the vets 5 have also been found on a building site but in northamptonshire so just a strange coincidence...

Back