• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Cleo Being Bullied?

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
I knwo theo is trying to prove his dominance over her but she seems to be cowering quite often from him as he chases her a lot. He does groom her on her head but it is very rough.

Today I have found a cut on her back which he must have done one day. It is not bleeding or weeping but looks red- like a graze . The fur is uneven there also like some has been pulled out.

I know they will overcome this but im feeling guilty for leaving them together. Does she mind being bullied? Is it just part of nature?

unless the scartches etc become deep or infected theres nothing to worryabout..
oscar did this to bif and when he died she was grief stricken..we got bertie and shes bullied him ever since!
i dont think its really bullying..its just keeping them incheck.im the boss ok..and then theo might get bored and lazy and she will then boss him around..once a doe has the better of a buck theres no turningback..lol so no wonder hes keeping her in check!! :lol:
do you soemtiems wake up to odd fur piles btw..in our house its white and we used to thinkit was bertie pulling bifs tummy fur out.oh no..its bif pulling berties fur out..even if hes asleep to prove a point! But they love each other..seems the same for theo and cleo..dont panic honest!

I really wouldn't worry about it Jemma. Mine still occasionally have their ups and downs. I'm sure they'll begin to settle down.
x

I think it's the time of year myself, all my buns are being mares at the mo, especially the girls. Ginger is humping any bun that stays still too long.

Back