• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a lop??

spana30

New Kit
Hopefully i can past a picture of my two new rabbits .. i'm new to keeping rabbits and new to this forum! they are about 10 weeks old and when the darker one went to the vet the other day she says 'yes, he's definately a lop' but there are about 6 different types of lop .. any ideas? hope the picture works!

rabbits.jpg

The one on the left is probably a dwarf lop i would guess from the face shape- two small for a french lop and face kind of longish for a mini lop, and the colour is a harlequin. The one on the right is a gorgeous :D (well they both are :lol: )

ears not long enuf for a frenchie baby either..and its not big enuff either!
I would say dwarf but my kibbles was smaller than that and she was the biggest dwarf lop the vets had seen!

both gorgeous buns by the way. and welcome to the mad world of buny love and to the forum of bunny mad folks.

I would say they're both probably crosses, the fact that one has one ear up and one ear down is often a sign. Crosses are often a lot healthier than pure breds (due to less inbreeding etc) and they're both gorgeous!

they look fairly similar to my zeb (middle on my signature) and i believe he's a dwarf cross. he was 8 weeks old in that picture.

he's now 6 months and still growing - he's half way between a dwarf and frenchie in length but a lot skinnier with really long legs

I would say they are cross lops as well because they do have more pointier faces.... I would say maybe mini lop cross ... cos for some reason dwarf lops are bigger than mini lops :roll: and mines a dwarf - and I know she was a lot bigger than that at that age.
I do however 100 percent agree that they are totally scrumpcious!

Back