• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding Rabbits - Advice

Shazza

Warren Scout
Hi guys,

I'm due to go on holiday in a few weeks time. I have been looking to board my 2 rabbits Bella & BB. I'm having problems because BB is not able to have VHD injection due to having a really bad reaction to the injection last time. He was an RSPCA rescue bun and when I first saw him (about 9 months ago) he still had a massive bald patch from the reaction and the vet had warned the rescue it could prove fatal if he was ever done again. Anyway, most of the boarding places won't take them because he can't have VHD jab, which I understand completely - after all they have other people's buns to protect and think of. Also one of the boarders said to me this morning "I'd be reluctant to board them at a place that didn't insist on it..."

This leaves me in an awkward position. Do i board them somewhere that isn't insistent? Are there any other possibilities? Trouble is I've not lived here long and only know a few people round here. I'm hoping to twist a friends arm. However, in a few weeks after that I'm away again (glasto - yay!!!!) with said potiential bunny feeders - so I won't be able to rely on them. Parents would help but they are now 1.5 hours drive away. Also thought about pet sitters, but they look expensive.

Anyway, I'm rambling on here. Any thoughts, advice, suggestions from you all gratefully received.

Shazza

Hi there,

One option is to find someone that do house visits and can feed and look after your rabbits at your own home. In my area there are quite a few to choose between so I would be surprised if you dont have anyone near you.

Check with the local vets, pet shops and/or online search and see if they know of any one doing house visits.

HTH

Sorry I meant pet visitors - wouldn't subject anyone to staying in my dingy messy flat for the duration!!

Back