• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Thoughts for Rudy

AmyJo

Mama Doe
Rudy is going to the vets tomorrow as he has blocked tear ducts. They are going to give him a local anaesthetic and flush them out. Im very nervous about the whole thing . Ive never left him at the vets before nor has he had an anaesthetic. Please send him good thoughts for tomorrow. I wont be happy until hes safely back home.

Aww pooe rudy..i hope he has a lovely nurse to take care of him whilst hes coming round and waiting for mummy to pick him up.xx

Try not to worry too much! Humphrey had this done on Monday, although his duct wasn't actually blocked, just very narrow at the top. Apparently the lops can have this problem due to their face shape. Claire x

This is still going on :(

Rudy has had his ducts flushed 3 times now and they are now considering doing x-rays to see if there is an infection at the root of his teeth. Hoping the last flush will sort it all out. Other than weeping eyes he is fine in himself and eating and drinking normally

This is still going on :(

Rudy has had his ducts flushed 3 times now and they are now considering doing x-rays to see if there is an infection at the root of his teeth. Hoping the last flush will sort it all out. Other than weeping eyes he is fine in himself and eating and drinking normally

It may be that he has elongated tooth roots. An X-ray would establish if this were to be the case. If he does you may not be able to cure his weepy eye but the condition can be managed with daily eye bathing and the use of abx eye drops/ointment if active infection occurs.

If Rudy does have an X-ray I'd ask the Vet to do a full oral examination too as Rudy may have some molar spurs

Janex

Thanks for that. They will need to sedate him for x-rays so checking out his mouth shouldnt be too difficult will definately remember to ask them to check. I am giving him eye drops daily that he was prescribed when i first took him in.

sounds sensible - if they have to knock him out they may as well do a full dental checkup...

glad he's ok in himself.. I hope all's well and he doesn't need much doing.

Back