• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gideon is very poorly! U/D i have him home

willowflower

Warren Scout
please could you all pray for my brave little man he's only 5 months and has already had to fight of mites now he has choked and taken breathing problems he's putting up a brave fight but it doesn't look good vet has kept him overnight and hopefully he'll still be with us in the morning.
he is such a special little man and i'm so upset by his sudden illness
photoalbum153.jpg

He is lovely :love: .Sending vibes.I really hope he gets better poor little trouper.

((((((((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))))))))

Amy xxx

thank you all for the support i thought you would like to know he is home.
He is far from better but he's putting in a right battle he is on baytril and has to be kept warm and quiet he is eating and drinking fine just now but it's still very much touch and go but hopefully he'll make a full recovery .

An absolutely fantastic book is 'Piggie Potions' by Peter Gurney, it is very useful with poorly pigs.

If he is still snuffly, a drop of Olbus Oil on a tissue near by will help. If he is a little bit reluctant to eat, 0.5ml of Metatone (a tonic, you can get it in Boots), or 1ml of Malt Extract or Honey will help.

I hope he continues to get better.

FC

thanks for that frisky clover off to go look for that book now he's eating if you'll excuse the pun like a pig at the moment but might invest in some metatone for the weekend just in case

Not a problem willowflower! Metatone given once a day is really useful if they are not eating much, it just seems to kick start them again.

If it helps, I got my copy of 'Piggie Potions' in my local Jolley's but it should be on Amazon too.

Back