• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neighbours...

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
How many of you have problems with the neighbours regarding your rabbits?
I make sure that everywhere is clean and tidy and none of my neighbours have said anything, but I'm sure they think I'm bonkers...
especially when I overhear my 5yr old telling the neighbour over the fence "and there's another one in mummy & daddy's bedroom..."
:lol: What's worse is that none of them have any pets :?

They've never said anything to be honest.

If they do I will complain about their dog barking at 3am :lol:

we had to move house 2 years ago after our bunnies thumping at night got so bad the neighbours said they would hurt them. we even got a letter from the environmental department.

My family think i am crazy, never mind the neighbours. Boyfriends little sister has an awful habit of dropping us in it with regards to animals. I dont like them knowing how many i have as they think i am nuts. "Theyve got another rabbit you know...." then they go...

"ANOTHER... rabbit?"

and I'm like shut up! Be quiet child.

thankfully my neighbours adore all our pets and regularly come round to see them and us. the people who used to live next door (have since moved out to italy, but phone us every day!!!) used to save all their veggies and bits for the little pets!!! our friends often come round just to drop off veggies and stuff. we're really lucky here, lovely neighbours and no noise. even our postman says hello to the guineas every day (theyre in our porch).

MY NEIGHBOUR AT ONE SIDE REALY DOESNT MIND AND OFTEN BRINGS US VEGGIES . THE NEIGHBOUR AT THE OTHER SIDE .....WELL :evil: I DONT TALK TO HER ....SHE DOES NOTHING BUT GRUMBLE ABOUT THEM THUMPING....WHILE I HAVE TO LISTEN TO HER SWEARING AND YELLING AT THE KIDS AND THE KIDS CHUCKING STUFF OVER MY 6 FT FENCE INTO MY GARDEN :evil: :evil:

My neighbours bring their little boy in to have a look sometimes because he likes watching them hop about :lol: I was chasing Trip and Scarlett round the garden the other week with my nighty on, pink wellies and my haor wrapped in a towel for ages and the other neighbour was watching out her window :shock: I only noticed her when I had caught them or I would have stopped and waited until it was dark :oops: So yeh those neighbours think im a right freak

Neighbours???? Where do i start, well on the one side i have neighbours everyone dreams of, we get on well, they look after the cats when we are away, they even have a key to our house :)

BUT, the neighbours on the other side are the complete opposite, they don't like our cats, no reason why because they have not pee'ed or poo'ed in theirs, but they leave a "Definate" trail through their grass which they don't like :?: :?: :?: They even had me go round there so i could see :roll:

To cut a long story short they decided to put pieces of carpet gripper cut into pieces in the border between our gardens (conifers), so i reported em to the RSPCA, we have not spoken since :x

They haven't said anything about the buns yet, but it is only a matter of time i would think :roll:

On one side we have a neighbour who's the biggest idiot in the world (long story :roll: ) so I couldn't care less what he thinks

The other side is our local vet nurse :D

The lady at the bottom I'm sure thinks I'm mad as a hatter anyway :lol:

My one nextdoor neighbour has a rabbit of their own. If we had a animal that made a noise my other neighbour would complain but as Rudys pretty quiet they dont complain

Its not a problem for me but I hate one of my neighbours with a passion so wouldn't give a stuff what he said!

I suppose its good to get on with your neighbours. I hate my neighbours over the back for keeping their rabbit in horrid conditions - tiny hutch. She does get daily food and hay which I had doubted for a while, a nice small amount of pellets but not enough hay. Her hay is empty by the next morning and she waits til the evening to get it filled again. So has nothing to eat. I have tried to explain, even took her to the vet once for them (don't ask.. I pretended I thought she was ill and got the vet to examine for signs of neglect but her condition was tip top :( So I had to return her. Hardest thing ever. I got to speak to them for about an hour about bigger accomodation, more hay and toys..They were interested at the time but then nothing changed. She has a mineral stone for a toy. I had hoped they would hear how hard buns can be and hand her over, but they left the decision to their 5 year old :shock: who of course didn't want me to have her. How utterly ridiculous.

For a spell I saw her having unsupervised free range time in their garden and my boyfriend saw her binkying and climbing down the children's chute and eveything - she is a sweet bunny, but that has stopped again. It is a tiny tiny hutch.

Otherwise my other neighbour asked me if everything was ok that I was going outside at 11pm. The security light was waking her. She was surprised when I told her that was the regular bedtime vegetable and grass time.

Fiona x

One of my neighbours 'borrows' our cats, and we spend hours trying to get them to come home again, hes a very lonely old man and our cats make him happy, and get fed for free, so I cant complain.

The other neighbour we dont talk to, I'm thinking of starting coversation with her, because she also has a rabbit, whos hutch is about 4ft by 1ft, but might be a 2 story, it also goes out in a run (thats tiny) most days. I thinking of offering her my rabbits old toys that they dont play with.

Back