• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New addition to the family- help wanted

lil_sar

Warren Scout
Hello
I've just got an 8 week old lion head girl, who's absolutely gorgeous- we adopted her from my niece as it turned out she was allergic to her. So pleased as she is a very much wanted addition to the family :D
Anyway, we have Dillon, our 8 month neutured boy and I was wandering when I can start introducing them to each other.
I currently have her in the bedroom whilst he is in the lounge.
Number 1- any advise would be much appreciated and number 2- what shall I call her??? She's a honey colour and really fluffy but hasn't stopped eating since I brought her home :shock:

get them in a place neither of them has been like the bathroom? and basically put them together and see what happens! you will either get a fight or they will sniff each other and he may try to hump her.if they seem ok together do a little time per day untill you are happy to move them in together.do be aware that a fight can be very nasty but i have never had one between male and female.Do make sure she is a she before you start or you will have a huge fight.

I don't know if I imagined this but I though someone advised for buns younger than 16 weeks not to be bonded as their skin is still very delicate and so could be easily injured in a scuffle. I'm not sure! :oops:

My new baby girl- Any name suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/lil_sar81/mypictures019.jpg[/IMG]

mypictures020.jpg

And not forgetting Dillon

mypictures009.jpg

Well i'm getting her checked at the vets on saturday just to make sure she is in good health.
I let Dillon have a sniff round her cage while she was in it, just for him to get used to her and he seemed quite interested and she just couldn't care less :lol:
Is it worth leaving bonding until she's a few weeks older?
Still can't find a name :roll:

aww what a sweetie!

blaize..(her fairy kiss on her head)

fenella..means white shouldered..she is a butterfly so may have white shoulders..like bif does.

daisy-mae

delilah

Fey..(fairy) or FEYE....tis the markof the little folks on her head after all.. :lol:

Thank you for all your suggestions!! I have gone for Tinker, short for tinkerbell. Reason being is that I bought her a wooden ball with a little bell in and all afternoon and through the night she kept lobbing it about :roll: It would have been quite cute had it not been 3 in the morning- i've had to put her in with us in the bedroom as Dillon is in the lounge.
Also, I think i've got her litter trained- not bad for 5 hours of perseverance! I was quite pleased to hear her get in the litter tray, only to wake up this morning and found her asleep in it :shock:
How do I get her out of that habit?

Back