• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fosterers....

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Hi there!

just wondered how you all got into fostering? and what are the practicalities of it, such as housing, bedding etc and also what happens when you go away? does someone come in to feed etc while you are away?

I'd love to get into fostering one day, so just thought i'd ask a few questions!!

Quite by accident.....I took in a rabit that was found in a bad state, abandoned and it all spiralled from there (I have 12 now)! I have only fostered one bunny on the behalf of a rescue....I rehome all the others myself and pay for everything myself too. If I were to go away I would either leave the OH in charge or pay for an experienced rabbit 'sitter' who I know to look after them for me.

I get lots of donations of hutches, runs, food, bedding and equiptiment and am part of a local welfare group who give me support. I also find RR and RU very helpful and of course have a reliable rabbit savvy vet who I depend on enormously.

I helped out with fundraising for an animal rescue and later on starting fostering small furries for them.

Back