• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny might be allergic-dust extracted hay/shredded bedding?

Puddington1

Young Bun
One of our dutch bunnies might be allergic to something in her environment - she has a chronic sinusitis...Poor bun is very snuffly and snotty and the exotic vet cant find any other cause.

I wonder if there are dust extracted hay available? And if there are shredded paper/bedding that is hypo allergenic somewhere?

Would be very grateful for some help/ideas!!

Great thanks Joanne! It looks brilliant, I have been looking quite a bit today and could only find Supa forage excel I did like which is very good but very expensive when you have 11 hungry bunnies! So this looks really good.

As for hypo allergenic bedding I found Ecopetbed from Earthly Enterprises and hope it will be good. A friend recommended Megazorb which I will try if the buns dont like the ecopetbed.

Thank you Joanne

Puddington1 said:
Great thanks Joanne! It looks brilliant, I have been looking quite a bit today and could only find Supa forage excel I did like which is very good but very expensive when you have 11 hungry bunnies! So this looks really good.

As for hypo allergenic bedding I found Ecopetbed from Earthly Enterprises and hope it will be good. A friend recommended Megazorb which I will try if the buns dont like the ecopetbed.

Thank you Joanne

No probs :D
Glad you found something suitable,
11 bunnies :shock: wow :lol:

:D
Hi again! Yes 11.. they all live together in a "rabbit hotel" and a big run attached, out in the garden when we are at home. How many have you got?

Puddington1 said:
:D
Hi again! Yes 11.. they all live together in a "rabbit hotel" and a big run attached, out in the garden when we are at home. How many have you got?

errmmm..... two :lol:

Sounds like a great set up you have there, you will have to post some pics :wink: :D

:D two is still a handful too!

Ok will try to take some piccies and post it if i can get help from hubby as im non technical..!

My snuffly bunny has been much better since I stopped using megazorb. They now have wooden cat litter pellets in their litter trays, and hay in their hutches.

Back