• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG New Rabbit's Here

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Well Teddy has arrived :D

However the hutch is even worse than it looked before, apparently he broke out of it last night and ate all the plants in the garden. Well our garden isn't escape proofed so David's spent half an hour adding bolts and I've wedged a run against the bottom of it.

The size of the hutch, get this one :shock: It's 5 and a half foot long and double layered BUT each layer is 15 inch tall and 17 inch deep. And he is a big rabbit, and he's spent two and a half years in it :( (he did get a lot of free range time in the garden apparently, thank goodness) It's so inadequate for a rabbit of his size, it's no wonder he has a mucky bum, he can't possible groom himself or eat his poops in that hutch. I have a Happy Hutch 6ft/run combi being despatched today but he'll have to stay in his old hutch until I've got some slabs down and the hutch/run together. Do you think that'll be ok? He's been in it for so long that I'm thinking another few days can't hurt :?

Then I asked her to bring his food - I went to fill up the bowl and a big lump of mouldy food fell out - really really green and mouldy. Luckily he's been on a mix and that's what Pippa and MJ eat so he's got some fresh food, hay and a spring green leaf and I've settled him into bed

I still feel so guilty about leaving him in his hutch, but there's nothing I can do until the new one arrives

But at least he's here, his myxi vacc is booked for Friday and then he's off to Bunnyhops to see Aunty Kay for some speed dating :lol:

So glad hes with you :D he's now got a great bunny mummy :D .. There is nothing you can do about the hutch until you have his new one, he'll be just fine until then.... Have you got a girlfriend in mind for him or you just going to see who he matches up with ?

I'm torn between taking him now to see who Kay has in to match him with or waiting until a rabbit tugs my heartstrings. I'd love a french lop or a french lop cross or maybe even a rex would go with him. Decisions, decisions.... :?

Awwww bless him.
I am sure he will be ok in his hutch,your new one shouldn,t be too long if it has been depatched.
So glad he his with you now and will be happy :D

He's gorgeous.

I wonder if he needs time to allow his immune system to react to the Myxi Vacc before he goes speed-dating :? Its just that stress effects the immune system and meeting a bun-friend will be stressful for him (but lovely in the end when he finds a wife!!) For the myxi vacc to give maximum protection a good immune response is needed which takes place over 14 days. If Teddy were mine I think I'd leave the speed dating for another couple of weeks :?

Teddy will be so much happier now he is with you :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
He's gorgeous.

I wonder if he needs time to allow his immune system to react to the Myxi Vacc before he goes speed-dating :? Its just that stress effects the immune system and meeting a bun-friend will be stressful for him (but lovely in the end when he finds a wife!!) For the myxi vacc to give maximum protection a good immune response is needed which takes place over 14 days. If Teddy were mine I think I'd leave the speed dating for another couple of weeks :?

Janex

I'm going to Jane - Kay's open day is 19th May so I thought I'd have a look at her buns then and take Teddy down after that. No rush really, he's happy enough, doesn't know any different I guess. I'd also like to get his bum dry if I can before I get him a partner - I'm sure he's wet as his hutch is so small he's just sitting in urine and poo the whole time, he's very wet this morning :(

He kicked the tiny ramp down and hasn't been able to get back up overnight so has spent a soggy night :(

He saw a cat off this morning though, David saw the cat glancing over his shoulder as he legged it :lol:

kayjay said:
Jack's-Jane said:
He's gorgeous.

Janex

I'm going to Jane - Kay's open day is 19th May so I thought I'd have a look at her buns then and take Teddy down after that. No rush really, he's happy enough, doesn't know any different I guess. I'd also like to get his bum dry if I can before I get him a partner - I'm sure he's wet as his hutch is so small he's just sitting in urine and poo the whole time, he's very wet this morning :(

He kicked the tiny ramp down and hasn't been able to get back up overnight so has spent a soggy night :(

He saw a cat off this morning though, David saw the cat glancing over his shoulder as he legged it :lol:

I may need to borrow Teddy to see off the local moggy here!! :lol:

Janex

Awww glad he has arrived. :D I'm sure he'll be alright for a few days.

Have you had a look at any Kirkby girlies? Or would you want one already spayed?

mandy said:
Awww glad he has arrived. :D I'm sure he'll be alright for a few days.

Have you had a look at any Kirkby girlies? Or would you want one already spayed?

I want one already spayed Mandy, and help with bonding!! I won't rush though, I'll get him sorted first then see what Kay has in then

Back