• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Kind Of Hay Or Straw Do You Use?

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Was just wondering as Pringle doesn't seem interested in any at all. I have bought a few different types, The timothy, herbal etc and just doesnt seem to bother about them... :?
Has anyone had this problem and have found a hay/straw they like?

Or is there any where or websites that sell a few different types i could possibly try?

Thanks xx

I've found a farm that does nice soft hay that seems to go down well! Bonus is that it's only £2.50 for a big bale, and means I can give them all far more than they could possibly eat :D
You should have a look around your local farm/feed shops and have a nosey at their hay, as it does vary...

www.thehayexperts.com do a sample pack of around 9 different hays that you can get for your bunny to try, also green oat hay is supposed to be good for fussy hay eaters although i havent tried it yet myself.

i would also reccomend the hay experts sample pack my buns loved it :D

at the moment they are on a mix of timothy and rye and devon meadow hay and they get a few handfuls of orchard grass a day as it is their favourite so hoping to change over to orchard grass soon even though it is £26 a box :shock:

Mines a fussy madam ... she will eat the grass hays.... but for general hay like for bedding and stuff....
I just use a big bag of long hay ... called fresh from the farm I think :s - from the pet store anyway - cos its the only one she finds 'acceptable' :roll: Isaac on the other hand - if it fits in his mouth then he will eat it. - even if it doesnt fit he will eat it - he is a pig!

Back