• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Hi i have a huge indoor double storey cage with room access. At the moment i have a female dutch and male mini lop. I was wondering could i add another rabbit to make them a group of would it not work?
Also if i did add one what sex is best?
Any advice reallu apprciated!

I have a trio of two girls and a boy and introduced the two girls to the boy with no problem. I also have a pair of boys that I introduced to the trio with no problem... stick with me here :lol:

I think as long as the new bun is neutered (and so are the existing buns) and they are introduced over time in neutral territory you shouldn't have a problem.

I'd say its more down the individual bun character whether they bond or not rather than the sex. Some buns love other bunny company where as others hate it!

Hope this helps!? :lol:

Thanks Lydna!

If the two i have which are both neutred and not siblings and we bonded them and then i add another non sibling will it make a difference?
Could they live happily together unrelated?

Non related buns will live perfectly happyily together, just bond slowely as Lynda says and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks so much. They are in the cage for about 4hrs a day. There cage is big though!!
IS it best to introduce a baby bunny to my two?

I bonded 2 sisters with my single male with no problem at all, then I am slooooowly bonding my 2 sisters who live with the male with my pair of boys who are brothers and they seemed to get on well when they have all met.

Just make sure you meet them on territory where no-bun has been before as otherwise bunnies can get defensive and territorial and become aggressive.

Good luck with it all though :)

I have a group of 9 living together - 5 females (only 2 related) & 4 males. They are all neutered/spayed now & no probs, although it took a while for it all to run smoothly :D

Sorry hope i didnt come across as patronising :oops: Just that theres less chance of them fighting if they all have their own space, but im sure your buns have plenty :wink: Also i think its easier to have two female to one male trios although any combo can work.

Excellent!
So if there is a bunny i just fall in love with i can adopt it and be another friend for my two!
THANKYOU EVERYONE

emilyarc said:
Thankyou lynda!
So do you have a group of 5 bunnies living together?

I don't at the moment but I let the 3 and 2 have a play whenever I can, then when I move house we are converting the shed that the people leave behind in to a big rabbit house so they can all live together... happily ever after hopefully!

Please let us know how you get on with your bonding when you get your new bun :)

Back