• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is my bunny?

Hi, I've just brought home this bunny my mum found on the side of the road and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what breed/breeds he may be? I think he is 2 months or younger, weighs 1.5 kilos/3.3 pounds and has black fur all over with some bands around his legs and ears with white/grey ticking. The bottom of his feet are brown and his fur is kind of woolly. Thanks!

Elvis1.jpg

Elvis2.jpg

Elvis3.jpg

He looks a bit older than two months to me - but I agree his ears look like he might have some giant x in him. He is gorgeous :D

I definitely think he is a cross, and I'm also pretty sure he is crossed with a large breed. I took him to the vet and he said that he was definitley older than 2 months but when he had a closer look , he thought he was actually quite young. I guess I won't know for sure until his other boy bits begin to appear! He is a gorgeous little bunny, following me around the house, licking me and constantly flopping! I just hope my other 2 rabbits can finally be bonded and I can have him join them and have a nice trio!

hahaha you are all so funny, I find that a lot of places you guys have in your details as LOCATION are also places in Australia, its pretty strange. Just so you know I'm not completely blonde, I do now its coz of english settlers etc etc etc. You'd just think they would be more creative though! lol.

Is it just me or does the description of colours and marking sound like he might have some netherland dwarf in him?

Back