• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very angry.... Stupid breeders.... Ignorent People.... GRR

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Spoke to my mam on the phone this morning... she told me a couple of days ago that her neighbours have got some sort of animal in a hutch... and i was hoping that they had been sensible and gone to a rescue or something... but today i found out there had been to some place in Richmond and i think have two netherland dwarfs....

and i was like Oh.. right... and are they both female? She said no... one is a boy and the other is a girl.... :evil: :evil:

My next question was.... are they neutered?

She said no they are just babies but they will be getting neutered eventually.... :evil: :evil:

and i said....

But they are living together? Females can get pregnant quite young (Not sure on exact age).

She said "yes.... and i told them that they they might get pregnant, but they seem to not be bothered by that fact...." :censored: Idiots.

They are already making money from dog breeding so this would not surpise me... They are IDIOTS. They have a 4 year old daughter... so say no more.

I AM SO ANGRY... and i feel so powerless...
I am just beginning to feel what people who run rescues feel everyday. i mean it makes me angry anyway, but experiencing something like this firsy hand upsets me.

:evil: Some people
banghead.gif

Gah, it frustrates the life out of me. Unfortunately when you try and give people advice they don't want to know!!

I can't cope with the stress of even thinking about it, god knows how rescues cope.

Next time I'm down Bishop, we can go on a bunny napping mission together. I'll bring the balaclavas ;) :twisted: .

No, seriously though, I have no constructive advice of any sort, but I totally understand how infuriating it is and how powerless you feel :(.

I know how frustrating it is, my own step mother who knows my feelings on breeding had bought 2 female guineas to go with her 2 males.

She just wants to breed them for fun, personally I think she is trying to fill a void in her own life.

The week after I saw these TINY babies that she planned to breed with her massive full grown boys and she told me she had some terrible news.

She had fed them all something poisonous from the garden by accident and one of the baby girls died as a result.

Then she said 'and it was my birthday as well when it died' Not too sure if she was looking for sympathy or what but I am just so digusted with her.

I was upset that knowing my stance on breeding, she a) went and bought an animal from a pet shop that b) she planned to breed with them.

She really does make me so angry :evil:

I know how you feel. It is horrible when you give advice to people and you KNOW they won't take it.

See my 'I'm so mad' thread for more details but I tried to get some people that live over the road from me to realise that it is not a good idea to let their rabbit wander the streets. The idiot woman just kept saying 'what can you do?', it was all I could do to stop myself screaming 'Rebuild your run with weld mesh you moron!'.

You just have to think that at least you tried to help.

Its very frustrating.. especially when the majority of people on here are trying so hard to help rabbits and guinea pigs find new homes... then there are the idiots that think they can make money from breeding them, and giving **** advice to people. Its two extremes... I feel selfish for saying this, but i am pleased i dont live next door to them like my mam as i would be so preoccupied by what they were doing... Poor buns. Stupid people.

Driving home from shopping today I was pondering on the rabbit problem and thinking if every petshop has on average 5 rabbits in to sell (some have many more obviously) how many rabbits are being churned out to spend their lives in tiny hutches? My brain can't even begin to do the calculations and I get so frustrated thinking about it as it seems an impossible task to stop the breeding.

My son is desperate for me to breed our guineapigs and obviously I've said no, but I guess many people wouldn't say no

its so frustrating. oh's aunt and uncle asked me last year for some info coz they wanted to get a bunny for their 3 year old :roll: printed off loads of stuff stating how much work bunnies were and they were not childrens pets etc. they went ahead and got pip anyway. suppose i need to give them some credit for getting info, buying a big hutch/run,getting her vaccinated. of course 3 year old gets bored after bout 5 mins, they have pip for less than a year and want to put an ad in local paper to give her away free. now i have her. don't get me wrong i love her to bits but they completely ignored my advice and then got bored and wanted rid. :twisted:

fi x

Back