• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies falling out

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering, when two bunnies fall out and have to be seperated is it any harder to bond them again? Will it be harder because they have fallen out and been separated?

Please can someone just tell me they have bonded their bunnies again after being seperated for a short time because I am starting to worry :oops: x

I don't know the answer to that, however I read only this morning that the worst time to try to bond bunnies is spring, even if they're neutered apparently spring can send them into a frenzy so maybe wait a bit anyway

Yeh I have read that too :( I dont want them seperated too long because one of them has to stay in the hutch and I dont want them to think its just their territory because one of them hasnt been in there for a bit, if you know what I mean :D

I prefer not to separate if at all possible - but I've rebonded after fighting a few times -

Smirnoff & Chocolate used to seriously fight but now live in a bonded group (left it a year before re-trying, by then both were used to other buns)

Sugar & Spice fought before their spays, but rebonded after - although a tough one!

Cracker & everyone - he's a chaser, but eventually was accepted in the group

Alex & Barley - separated while she recovered from her eye op, but rebonded later (& harder than I expected!!)

Kendra has been separated twice from the 9, once for an illness & once for her spay. She's been accepted back immediately both times.

If there was a serious fight though, & they fought again at re-introduction, I wouldn't re-bond.

Thanks Angie :D It wasnt a fight it was Trip chasing Scarlett a lot and she seemed scared of him and I seperated them because she was only spayed Friday

Hey Becky, give Scarlet time to heal and then reintroduce them on neutral territory - they should be fine. If the hutch has been lived in more dominatly by one of them give it a good scrub and de-smell it whilst they are getting to know each other again else where - it's important that they don't think of certain places as "their territory" as this can cause serious arguments.
I had two that tried to rip each other to shreds at one point, but they now live together as part of my group.

Thanks hun :D Im waiting until she is healed before reintroducing them im just worried they will forget they loved each other :oops: I think its the strange smells from the vet that got him chasing, and that he was seperated from her while she had the op. Today Scarlett was in the house and Trip was in the hutch and run so im going to make sure they spend the same amount of time out there, Scarlett will go back outside tonight and Trip will come in and then I will switch them again tomorrow...

They are sharing the same bit of vetbed and toys, litter trays in the house so hopefully they will be ok :D

Back