• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS REQUEST........................

Has anyone got any ideas for a rabbit 'Des Res' I foster (from Jill...Honneybunnies) two sets of rabbits so they have to be kept seperate. The cages they are in are fine but I want to give them something better and more spacious. So I'd like some ideas on housing and runs that are attached to the housing so that they have more freedom. I have had a quotation from someone to build me one that will house two sets of rabbits with a run ect....and if I don't get any more ideas then I will go down that road.... but to tell you the truth, if I do I may need to find a job to pay for it....it is very very pricey. I just want to give them a better way of life. I would be grateful for any advice and if anyone can point me in the right direction of anyone who makes them (but doesn't take the p.... like this other bloke) I would be very grateful.
I live in the Leicestershire area
Thank you from me and my Foster Bunsters that will enjoy their new home.
Carol.

Housing

I don't use hutches for buns, but sheds.
Each of my two pairs has a 10x8 shed with a similar sized run attached and a flap in the door so they can come and go all day as they please (but I do lock in at night).
This might sound expensive, but you could get 1 large shed, split it down the middle inside, and attach 1 large run, again split down the middle.
I made my own runs, and did all the DIY myself, so on average 1 shed and run cost me approx £300.
They are easy to clean out. I can sit in with buns in all weathers, and they have lots of room and freedom to pop in and out.
Hutches are OK if they're big enough, but I got fed up of getting wet when I wanted to spend time with them.

Back