• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nesting and Phantom Pregnancy

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
Blue has been pulling fur and making a nest.. she has also been pulling Sooty's fur out too (bless him he just sat there and let her)

All seem to be happy at the moment but do you think I should keep an eye on them in case they start fighting?

Has Blue been spayed?
Fur pulling of another Bun can cause stress if its ongoing. I would certainly keep a close eye on the family dynamics!!!

Janex

Poor Sooty, let's hope they all don't start, he'll have no fur left :shock:

I think the only 'cure' would be to spay her Sue, not sure what else to suggest

Thanks Jane... I will keep and eye on them.. I have got two spare hutches if I need to seperate them if things kick off

No Blue hasn't been spayed yet :oops: none of the girls have yet. I am planning on getting them all done soon..I have spoken to my vet and she has agreed to give me a discount for getting the 3 done together. Money has been a bit tight of late and it was either vaccinations or spays and vacs won.

Jack's-Jane said:
Has Blue been spayed?
Fur pulling of another Bun can cause stress if its ongoing. I would certainly keep a close eye on the family dynamics!!!

Janex

They are all behaving at the moment :wink: Infact the other three seem to be helping her pack the nest with hay!! 8)

I will get the girls neutered after I get back from holiday.. money I was supposed to spend on myself will now be going on them.

Do you think it's best to get them all done together so that they can all stay together at the vets?

If you can get them all done together, they can recover together and you will find that they probably will pick up quicker if they can all support each other.

You also only have one day of worry instead of 3 if you had them done separately.

Back