• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help??

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Pringle had his teeth cut down and when they were long they cut his tongue, so its pretty sore..

The vet gave me medicine stuff to give him through a syringe..

The problem is Pringle struggles like anything and wont let me go near his mouth with it no matter what i do..
Does anyone have any experience in this or know how i can give him it without being stressful?

I put some o a carrot as he munches that straight away but im worried it comes off or hes not getting it properly. Just dont want him to be stressed and feel uncomfortable, thanks x

I injected cherry tomatoes with baytril to get Barley to take it. She loves them, & ate them imediately so I was sure she got it all :D

wish I'd had that tip last week when I was wrestling Nitro like a crocodile! :roll:
I used a towel to wrap him in, held him tight, did it qiuck, then released! then he scrabbled my leg in annoyance, bit my trousers and flicked his feet at me as he slunk off!

some people find wrapping them in a towel tightly can help because it stops them wriggling

when willow was on baytril i squeezed it on some raspberry leaves and made a sort of sandwich out of them

Angie65 said:
I injected cherry tomatoes with baytril to get Barley to take it. She loves them, & ate them imediately so I was sure she got it all :D

Oh thats a good idea, although ive never given pringle tomatoe (how cruel :lol: ) i will try him with a tomatoe to see if he eats that first.

Thanksx

[/quote]

Thanks, so it is ok to put it in food then? i was worried it wouldnt work if i done that?
But since i know im not only one im more relaxed i know hel get it, thanks :D

Pringle said:
Angie65 said:

Oh thats a good idea, although ive never given pringle tomatoe (how cruel :lol: ) i will try him with a tomatoe to see if he eats that first.

Thanksx
[/quote]

I recently read on here somehere that the seeds aren't great for them, so you might not want to get into the habit of feeding them all the time.

Banana is injectible too :D

Angie65 said:
Pringle said:
Angie65 said:

Thanksx

I recently read on here somehere that the seeds aren't great for them, so you might not want to get into the habit of feeding them all the time.

Banana is injectible too :D[/quote]

Oh man i am cruel he aint had banana either :lol: wasnt sure if he was allowed that, i was wonderting that this morning actually as i has eating a bit o banana and he was smelling my hand and nibbled it a bit so i think he fancied it, ill try that one :D thank yooo

I used to get a small piece of wholemeal bread, squirt it on that, wait for it to soak in and roll it up in a ball. Sometimes dip it in apple juice to disguise the taste further.

Back