• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning rabbit hutch

trance

Warren Scout
I have one of these hutches

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-Rabbit-...hZ014QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Whilst filling up my buns hayrack I noticed the ladder had fallen down and bun was stuck on top level.
I called my other half out and he pulled the ladder out. The top rung which is wider and so goes over the hole in the floor had come off and on the ladder it self were like 4 very sharp large staples sticking up out of it!!

I am so glad my poor bun had stayed on the top level and not tried to drop down as he would have landed on these.

My other half has now secured it properly and safely but please be warned if you have one of these. I cannot believe they were put together with these on the ladder.

Doncat5 said:
Unfortunately a lot of places use staples these days for speed. :(

That is so sad. Surely anyone would realise that it wouldnt hold the weight of a bun.
People are too interested in making money :(

I have a hutch it looks something like that, when i first got Pringle he kept throwing the ladder down he hated it, whenever i put it back up he knocked it down. He prefers jumping up and down, :roll: What a crazy rabbit i have :lol:

I got some hutches last year, & one collapsed after 3 weeks. My poor bun Caramel was underneath & was crushed to death :cry: They're not always as safe as you think they would be. I block up the gaps now.

Angie65 said:
I got some hutches last year, & one collapsed after 3 weeks. My poor bun Caramel was underneath & was crushed to death :cry: They're not always as safe as you think they would be. I block up the gaps now.

OMG I didn't know you had a bunny crushed, how awfull :cry:

SOAD said:
Angie65 said:

OMG I didn't know you had a bunny crushed, how awfull :cry:

January 2006, my lickle harlequin dwarf lop baby girl. Was gutted cos you think they are safe locked in their rooms :(

Back