• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heard everything now

kayjay

Warren Veteran
A friend says her stepdaughter's aunt has bought a little rabbit from a petshop and was told they can't have hay until they're six months old :shock:

How do petshops get away with it :evil:

Is there any way the facts can be checked and the pet shop advised about the incorrect info they are giving to their cusomers?

:roll: :evil: Is there any way you could print off some info on the importance of hay and send it to them, even anonymously?

Doesn't it make you wonder how many petshops are selling rabbits with no knowledge whatsoever of care :evil:

I've suggested she tells her stepdaughter to tell the owner that they need hay 24/7

It is totally beyond me how they can sell animals without having even a basic knowledge of how to care for them :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

Its not only petshops :? My friend is a vet nurse and ages ago when one of mine had the squits she told me he must have eaten too much hay :shock: I just stood there going.. errm i think you are confused im only feeding them hay now til it clears up.. it means theyve probably had too many pellets or veg.. she was still adamant she was right :roll: luckily she knows alot more about rabbits now but still its worrying that even vet nurses arent taught the basics about rabbit care :evil:

I was told they weren't allowed grass until they were 6 months old :?, is that correct? I would assume it's still allowed but not in vast amounts because of the risk of bloat?

Back