• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had to seperate Trip and Scarlett

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I went to check on them just now and Scarlett was hiding behind the litter tray, she wouldnt come out and then Trip went behind with her and chased her out. He chased he quite a lot and looked like he was going to fight :cry: I have left Scarlett in the hutch on her own tonight :( Do I need to start bonding in neutral territory again :?:

I would have been tempted to leave them to sort it out. From what you said it seems that there was just a bit of one-way chasing, and not fighting as such. How long have they been together?

If they were seperated for a day when Scarlet was spayed last week that's probably the basis of the break in their bond.

As Scarlet is still recovering from surgery I think you were right to seperate them. I would allow her to fully recover then start the bonding from scratch on neutral territory.

Janex

Thanks Jane :D Thats what I thought I didnt want her running about too much. I will wait until she is fully recovered and try again :D

Sorry Capel I should have said in my post that she was spayed on Friday, I was so tired :lol: They have been together a few months :D

OOps..sorry I hadn't realised she was post-op! You did the right thing then. Good luck when you begin the reintroductions :)

Back