• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Hi,
I have 2 house rabbits and when i take them to the garden i have to carry them and they are calm once sercure. But when i site say on a chair and have my lop on my lap he won't sit still and scratches and when is back legs touch my lap he trys to bound off!
Any ideas on how to get him used to being held on just placed on my lap.
I am worried because he wrigglys so much he might fall to the ground.

Why do you need him to sit on your lap? My bunnies will just about tolerate being carried from the house to their hutches and wouldnt be too happy if I just sat down and tried keeping them on me. If its to check their nails or bums or anything I find it easier to wrap them in a towel and get someone else to hold them while I check :D

It is i am worried they will hurt themselves!!!!
I go to put them in cage or on the ground to have a run around and they wriggles loads adn slip etc. Do any of yours just wait to be put down then have a run around????

One of mine I dont lift at all but the others will just lay in my arms then when I kind of kneel down they know its time to play and just jump off :lol:

Beau jumped about a bit when I got him and I used to sit down on the sofa with him and just let him get off when he wanted and he would just jump off.

Is it garden chairs you are sitting on? Trip and Buu always jump up on to our garden chairs when they are out and just sit on them so it might be ok to sit down with them and let them just jump off. Mine tend to struggle a bit if I stop moving because they think its time to get down :lol: I think the easiest thing to do is hold him securely and just get on your knees and he will just jump off you :wink:

if i need to carry mine anywhere i put them in a carrier as they really dont like to be held. they are ok if i sit on the floor and they can get on my lap but if i actually put them there or hold them there they dontlike it and struggle

He is a rabbit not a cat and rabbits just dont like being cuddled on laps. Sad but true, just let him be a rabbit n give him fuss on his terms.

Yeah, some rabbits like to snuggle for ages, others will tollerate it for a while then nip or dig you up to try to get down, others just hate it. Beatrice loves to be stroked and will snuggle up to you on the floor but if I pick her up she starts digging like mad straight away.

Wes comes up to me and sits on my lap when I am watching TV, but he must do this voluntarily. He never stays on my lap when I have put him there myself :)

Back