• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so mad!

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I'm just so mad at the people who live across the road from me!

I went out last night for a few hours and my dad came to came to pick me up at 9.30pm and we were just turning right to pull into our bit of the road, when I saw what I thought was a cat on the grass outside the houses opposite mine. When I looked again, I realised it was a mini-lop rabbit! We went over to it, to try and catch it (because we couldn't leave it to get squashed) but he kept hopping away. We got a pet carrier and tried again but he hopped into no.7's garden. I was all for retrieving him but they had security lights, which came on and my dad rightly pointed out that I shouldn't really be traipsing round their garden at 10pm on a Saturday night without their permission! So, I knocked on their door and told them, they said that the rabbit belonged to no.3 and often wandered round their garden. I pointed out that this was terrible and under the new animal welfare laws, probably illegal too (is that right?). I knocked on no.3's door.

Now, before I go further, I must tell you about no.3. They are a couple in their mid-30s with 2 small children. From a distance, they have always looked quite normal. Seeing them up-close, it became apparent that they don't have one brain cell between them!

I spoke to them about the rabbit (my dad had said I had to be calm) and I pointed out, politely, that they need to reinforce their run and I also pointed out that the chicken wire they are using is not strong enough and they need weld mesh. They said 'But he always comes back'. To which I replied that one day he won't because a fox or a cat will eat him. However, I realised it was a lost cause and left them. Hopefully, he got home safely(he hopped off).

I'm just sorry that I didn't manage to catch him so he would have been safe for the night, idiots like that couple make me so angry! Hopefully, they will keep a better eye on him but I don't hold out much hope.

Awww, poor bunny. You did well to bring it to their attention and try to educate them. Shame they weren't able to listen. What a bad example they are to their children on how to look after animals.

I know, he was just such a sweet little bunny, he deserves better.

I also thought that he is unlikely to have been neutered and if he managed to get into a run with an un-spayed doe he would cause even more problems!

Back