• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess whos on their Bunny-Moon...U/D SUNDAY MORNING

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Theo and Cleo- The bonding day today seems to have worked :)

There was a bit of this :

DSCI0096-1.jpg

and a bit of this

and a bit of this

and now....................

we have this

Photo-0049.jpg

we plan to stay with them tonight and also most of tomorrow to keep a good eye. Theres a bit of bun biting still but only 3 handfuls of fur today not 5 :) (just kidding) Have to watch his temper but other than that its fine.

Feel like a huuuuge weight of my mind.

Thanks all for your help

EDIT BETTER VIDEO NOW

philrugbyuk said:
wow. the area you have with the carpet tiles looks great!

thanks - its nic cubes- the bauty of tiles is they dont even cost £2 each- so after a few accidents they are easily replaced. Problem was bought the wrong colour last time :oops: :oops:

this is how we did it when we were bonding them- we seperated it up

bond.jpg

awww bless the progress looks great. :D i thought it was all going down hill for me when harvey wouldnt give up humping puzzle. im glad i kept with it tho. its lovely to see two buns loved up.
the first night i left them together i couldnt sleep a wink and rushed down as soon as daylight hit and found them snuggled up together :D

OH NO

hes running round chasing and bitin her

they spent 9 hours together in bliss- whats happening? whats wrong?

he chasin her round an round- theres grunting and stamping and fur pulling

Oh honey what a shame B..GER!! We had the same thing after 10 days of bliss... go figure! He's probably being territorial, perhaps try and give them a bit more time in some neutral place? Everybody talking about 'that time of the year'.... i can't wait tbh. Good luck xx

How bad is the fur pulling. When i put benjamin and opal together he was pulling fur from her back as he was trying to hump her, she just kept running away. He was just trying to keep hold of her. This subsides though once they assesses who was boss. Now he doesnt bother doing it.

You might have to sleep with them. Ive had to do that with guinea pigs lol. good luck, dont give up yet. Just remember to split them up if he mounts her head as he can get his bits bitten like a few buns on here.

oscarbunny said:
How bad is the fur pulling. When i put benjamin and opal together he was pulling fur from her back as he was trying to hump her, she just kept running away. He was just trying to keep hold of her. This subsides though once they assesses who was boss. Now he doesnt bother doing it.

You might have to sleep with them. Ive had to do that with guinea pigs lol. good luck, dont give up yet. Just remember to split them up if he mounts her head as he can get his bits bitten like a few buns on here.

They have calmed down a bit now- no more running. AM sleeping in there just in case though.

Thankyou all.

Think something must have spooked him

Good luck Jemma..looks like it'll be a long night for you! I'm sure they'll settle down though. As long as one keeps running away, it'll be fine. It's when they both fight that there can be a problem. Fingers crossed :lol: :)

hope they have been ok overnight and fingers crossed they are being good and getting on ok :D :thumb:

p.s. i see he likes the sandbox ;)

bonding canbe so hard..one step forward and 3 steps back..and sometimes you have to start from step one all over again...

then theres folks like doncat..ooh donna i hate you.. :lol: her buns bonded in the car on the ride home! :shock: lucky moo!

willows off to be spayed 3rd may and after shes recovered for a fortnight im going to be trying to bond a trio..hows htta for a challenge :shock:

they should beok honest..bertie n bif still have the odd scarp and fur pulling a few eeks after being bonded i was still finding piles of fur fromovernite..bifs a little moo! :lol: good job bertie adores her!!

it did stop for a while once bif finally humped him..he was so meek and mild and she relished being the boss..but after a few days they were at it again..she nips his face and bum regularly if hes in her spot etc or he ignoresher..shes very clingy but has taken to sleeping next to willow ehn berties unavailable ie litter tray etc.
some buns never iron out al the squabbles..oscar used to do to bif what bif now does to bertie!

oh dear, i haven't bonded two before so can't really give much advice, but like some of the others have said, stick with it Jemma, i'm sure they will be loved up soon, might just take longer with some pairs more than others :)

hi- were fina all night but started fightin at dawn again. he he -

no blood or anything- just more chasing and fur pullinh. Seem to both be eating and using the same toilet (even though they have 2)

she waits for him to eat first though. He keeps chasing her bun and constantly licks her eyes- ?????? but o/h just rang to say they are sitting TOUCHING each other. he he

seems ok- am goin out this afternoon- ive seen nothing to concern me so am leaving them to it. Fur puling not hurting her- an i think theo bored of chasing now.

thanks for all the help

seem ok now- sitting about 20cm away from each other.

still a bit confused about the eye licking. They will be alone tomorrow but im 90% sure they will be ok- as nothing has ever come from a fight. just chasing and running.

Soes anyone think its worth popping back at lunch?

Back