• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!! dry skin

Hi wonder if anyone can help me or suggest what I can put on this. I have takn Ozzy to the vets as he has got really dry skin on his ears. I thought he may have mites or mange (sp?) possibly but they hav done scrapings and looked at him and he hasn't got anything wrong with him :? They haven't given me any cream to put on it as they said it will heal on it's own. Me being me I want to put something cooling on it to soothe his ears make this less dry. They are not bad and I am wondering if it could have something to do with the moult he is going through at the moment or whether he has been spending to long in the sun - he has shade but decides to sit in the sun all day :roll: :roll: Can anyone help me??

excellent thanks for that Jane I really dont know what Could have caused it, can i use anything temp whilst im waiting for it to be sent?

smokiemisty said:
excellent thanks for that Jane I really dont know what Could have caused it, can i use anything temp whilst im waiting for it to be sent?

A bit of Vaseline should help :)

Janex

smokiemisty said:
off to the shops as I cannot find any vaseline in the cupboards, can you use things like aquaeous or e45 cream Jane??

I have used E45 on a couple of Buns without a problem.

Janex

Thankyou so much for posting on this!
Exactly what my vet said about Isaac last night - except I really dont think it is mites... its just his ears on the skin inside seem a bit flaky. So thanks for the info!

Thanks for posting that link Jane, Scarlett has a very dry patch on her back where she has been moulting and the vet said she doesnt have mites or anything. I have just ordered some :D

It must be that time of year. Squidgy has had 'dandruff' but the vet says it's not mites, and is most probably connected to the very heavy moult he's going through.
I put aloe vera juice in his water, sure someone on here recommended that :?

Ozzy has been much better since I started putting the aloe on his ears. I already use the aloe juice for my parrot so it looks like I will be stocking the cupboard up. Thanks Jane :thumb:

Back