• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The strangest thing I've ever seen

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Firstly I apologise if the person I saw today in Nottingham was someone on here.

On the bus going out of Nottingham I saw a girl carrying a rabbit with a lead/harness on, walking down the street towards the market square. She had a carrier in her hand but the rabbit was in her arms. Surely even the most confident of rabbits would have found that rather stressful.

On a lighter note I think my local petshop has stopped selling rabbits in favour of animal clothes (the sort you get for little dogs like jackets etc).

Perhaps she had been reading the 'Really Useful Bunny Guide' where it advocates taking your rabbit out on a lead to the park for a change of scene. I was shocked when I read that bit!

:shock: How bizarre, must have been scary for the poor bunn! :(

By the way...do you work in xxxx library? I thought it was the uni one you worked in but I saw a blonde haired girl in the central one today who looked familair and it was only after I walked away that I thought of you! Probably wasn't though, as have you swopped jobs now?

Yes it is blamonge I work in!! And I was at work today, unfortunatley.
Not for long though (well still over summer) I start my new job saving the world in a couple of week!

My neighbours took their son to look around Southampton Uni a few weeks ago. They took a detour to the coast and were astounded to see an elderly chap walking a Conti Giant Babbit on a harness along the sea front :shock:
Apparently Big Babbit was hopping along confidently ahead of the old man. Some people almost fell over as they turned to check they really had just seen a old man taking a rabbit for a walk!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

I carried Isaac to the vets yesterday - I had to - I broke the buggy! :oops: :lol: and didnt have time to fix it before our appointment...
He was fine with it though - good job I didnt decide to take Snowflake as well lol :lol: ( I know you should take them both)
I got some funny looks!

awww well I can understand carrying them to the vets but this was in the middle of town! There's no way I could carry mine anywhere, they'd go crazy.

we had a harness for Benjamin when we first got him, but he hates it ( I don't blame him) so we don't bother with it anymore.

I'd love to walk him down the street in it, haha, imagine the looks!

We used to take Daisy everywhere with us, he was disabled and we couldn't leave him on his own. He came to work with us, went shopping with us (he loved the lights and the smells), we took him into cafes with us, we took him to the park when we walked the dog. He adored the attention, was very curious about his surroundings and loved every minute of it :lol:

I think it all depends on the bun themselves.

bunnyhuggger said:

I agree with this, my bridge bunny Berri hated carriers so anywhere we took her she was carried, that's how she preferred it. :D But I wouldn't dream of carrying Pebble, Ebony or Maddie somewhere :shock:

*Michaela* said:
bunnyhuggger said:

I agree with this, my bridge bunny Berri hated carriers so anywhere we took her she was carried, that's how she preferred it. :D But I wouldn't dream of carrying Pebble, Ebony or Maddie somewhere :shock:

Wow, aren't bunnies amazing. Well maybe this little one was the socialite of nottingham. I hope he enjoyed himself :D

I get enough attention from people when I take my contis anywhere in their carrier, let alone on a lead!
The worst in the 'WHAT'S THAT!' Uh, the ears are the give away folks!

our bun woozle was like that he loved going for walks on his lead and harness he used to go around the estate part where our house is and over to my parents every evening he adored it..it was what kiled him tho..he ran through some dog diaorhea before my daughter could stop him ( she was 20 then)

years ago in southsea near portsmouth there was a flemish giant bunny called Mr Thumper and the eldelry gent who owned him walked to the newsagents to get his paper every day and he would sit and wait for him tied up at the dog bit..then they wuld take along walk..2 hours but it wuld take the gent less than 10 minutes but bunnies dont go where you want them to!
he took him to the pub at lunchtime hehad his own meal and drink there up on the counter..he was a clelebrity in his own right..then the gent would take him on the common where he would chase and frolic with the dogs!!

Back