• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you clean you rabbits>?

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Just thought it would be intresting to see how often everyone cleans there rabbits out in a week!
BE HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll start. Mine our house rabbits and i clean them mostly everyday or at least litter tray and the whole cage every 2 days!!! :)

Yep same here, litter trays everyday, whole room, at least every other day, I think you have to if they are indoor or they will start to smell :shock:

Depends how dirty the pigs cage is.they have a litter thing use it but still poo and wee anywhere! :? :x :lol: In summer sometimes every 2 days as flies..eww!Winter can be once a week.

Ax

Litter trays every day :D And I scrub the whole hutches and clean the slabs the runs are on every weekend. But if one of them doesnt use the litter tray I will clean the hutch properly that day, hardly ever happens though :D

Well, it's rather like the Forth Bridge, I start and by the time I get to the end I have to start all over again, but then I have got 22, no sorry, 24 bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Litter trays every day and hutches every second or third day

litter trays every other day but change hay daily

(apart from lola's litter tray which is every day :lol: )

my 5 bunnies are all house rabbits in rooms divided with pen panels so there isnt anything else to clean but i do hoover every day as hay gets all over

the piggies - i clean their litter tray every other day and replace hay daily but i only change their bedding once a week as they have a huge cage and they dont really go much outside their litter tray

Full cage/run clean every day or every other day depending how messy/how much time they have been out in the grass runs.
Indoor buns always daily.

litter tray every other day (they have those woode pellets so thats ok) and then I hoover their carpet when I can be bothered :D

litter tray every day, good sweep of the room everyday, water at least once a day, thorough clean including hoovering the cage, washing the floor, moving bins etc to clean behind them once a week :D , and empty their bin when it gets full usually twice a week (but it is a locked bin so no odour can excape and it has an odour killer in it too :D )

i do the litter trays every day and sweep up stray poops and puddles of wee. sweep the run down . change hay and water everyday. clean out and change the straw every 2-3 days and then scrub down the whole hutch and one once a week. phewwwwwwwww

litter trays- every day for ava, twice a day for dillion (the rabbit is a poop factory)
hutches once a week i scrub them or more than that if they get messy

Litter trays every other day,every day in Spring and Summer.Whole shed/run clean and disinfect every Sunday.
Piggies have full clean out every other day as they are total scruff bags :lol: :lol: :lol:

in the summer i clean cages/hutches out everyday as i hear this decreases the chance of flystrike. in winter twice a week Crystals litter box gets cleaned everyday though even though she doesnt always use it :oops:

litter trays every day or every other day with a new layer on the day in between. Whole hutch clean out (not bedroom though as they keep that clean) every other day. Bedroom clean every three weeks or so i think.

Back