• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beautiful Pollyanna 10/10/96 - 18/4/07

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Well where do i start my beautiful girl.........................................

You & your sister Tiptoes were my 1st ever cats, sadly Tiptoes passed away just a couple of months after you came to me. :cry: :cry: :cry:
We both missed Tiptoes terribly & after a few wks i realised you really missed having a feline playmate so along came Mr.Flump, your new feline companion.
The 2 of you really were my life, i was in a very violent relationship & coming home to have you to snuggle upto & play with was the only thing that kept me going.
Oneday my brain finally kicked into action, i packed up all our belongings & we were on the move, i wasn`t sure where to but knew we had to get away.
For almost the next year we were constantly on the move but you just took it all in your stride & aslong as the 3 of us were together you were happy. Nothing seemed to upset or faze you & it really was a case of where ever we laid our hat was our home. Then we moved in with Mark.....................................................................................
I was soon to realise that we had finally found a safe place to settle down & Mark became your official `daddy`. :D You loved him as much as he loved you & atlast we were all settled & content.

Over the years we gradually increased our furry family but you always remained my special little girl. If the youngun`s got a bit rowdy you would give them a quick telling off, just to keep them in line. But you`d snuggle up with them too.

Then in March 2005 you were diagnosed with the dreaded `C`. We were told you had a very rare form which was sadly incurable. & told you had a matter of weeks - mths to live :cry: Initially you were put on a cocktail of drugs but they made you feel so poorly we really thought you were dying infront of our eyes. so after much thought & a discussion with your vet we decided to go for quality not quantity, you were taken off all that horrid medication & remained on just a steroid a day. You soon picked right up & sometimes it was hard to believe how poorly you were.
You were the 1st to greet any visitors, insisted everyone gave you cuddles & were the 1st of our family that people would ask about when they rang. You really did steal everyone`s hearts.
Everyone was amazed at how you just kept going, you really were such a little fighter! :love:

Over the past couple of months you started having more `off` days but each time you fought back & aslong as you wanted to keep fighting we would keep fighting with you.
You loved investigating in the garden & then basking in the sun for hours.

But during Tuesday night you became very poorly & the look in your eyes told us the time had come to let you go. :cry: So 1st thing Weds morning we tucked you up in your snuggly bed & set off on our dreaded journey.
The vet confirmed our fears & it was time to say "Goodbye" & set you free. As you slipped away you gave us one last purr, which we knew was your way of saying "Thankyou". I cuddled you in my arms the whole time & told you how special you were as you drifted off to sleep.................... Our tears were flowing & hearts were breaking but we knew we`d done what was right for you........................

We will always love you our beautiful & brave little girl & hope you are now running free in the eternal sunshine with Tiptoes & all your other furry friends that have passed over.

Mummy & Daddy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here`s a few photos of our beautiful girl taken just a few days before she passed:

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00046-1.jpg

Im so sorry for your loss. Ive got tears running down my face so i cant imagine how you must be feeling.

Sleep peacefully little one xxx

Oh Sue :cry: :cry: :cry: I am so very sorry :( I was only speaking to you the previous night and you thought that she may pull through again :cry: I believe that the pull of the Bridge was too much for her in the end and you did the most loving thing that anyone can do for someone that you adore.

Run free in the eternal sunshine now Pollyanna - snooze in the gorgeous sunshine, chase the butterflies and roll around in ecstasy when you find the catnip plants :D

Rest well darling - xxxxx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
A lovely tribute to the beautiful Pollyanna,

Have fun at the bridge gorgeous girl xxxxxxxxxx

No words will take away the pain right now Su & Mark, you have been through so much hurt in such a short time, you are truely special people and all your babies are so lucky to have/had you as their mummy and Daddy xxxxxxxx

I know i have not been on the forum very long but your posts and your love and dedication to animals has touched me deeply

Sending love and hugs for you both

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww that is so sad and very well written, i got tears streamin down my face :cry: mum and brother askig whats up :oops: will read this lovely heart warming story to them... i am thinkin of you all, R.I.P lil girl and sleep tight...lots of love xx

I;m so so so so sad to hear of the passing of pollyanna...the bridge has gained a very special girl....

she looks just like my cat, Zoe..who is coming up for being 7!.

Dear Sue and Mark

Such a wonderful tribute to a beautiful baby. Even through your sadness and pain you must feel good that you gave her a better quality of life in those last months. What wonderful memories you have and I know how much you will miss your "snuggle" puss

TamCelebrateme011105resized.jpg

Thankyou Everyone,

Polly really was a true `Angel` & we miss her terribly & i hope you didn`t mind me sharing her special story with you.

Su.x

What a special cat Pollyanna was,and so lucky to have had a wonderful mummy and daddy.
RIP little Angel. :love: :love: :love:

Su I am so sorry that you have lost your special little angel :(
Reading through your tribute to her made the tears run dowm my cheeks as my Rusty cat has helped me in so many similar ways over the years, being able to give them a cuddle when times are so horrendous just seems to make them easier to get through. They become more special than anyone can imagine.

Sleep tight pretty girl

Thankyou everyone for your kind words & for understanding what a special `Angel` Polly was to me.

I miss her sooooooooooooo much :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Su.x

So sorry for your loss, she was a very special cat, may she RIP! Thinking of you Su at this awful time, and sending lots of hugs your way :cry: :cry: xx

Back