• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just had to rush Honey to the vets!!!

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
when i checked on her this afternoon i realised her eyes were weeping so sat with her for a while and she started coughing and sneezing :shock: so i rung the vet who told me to get her straight down which i did :D and while the vet was listening to her breathing Honey decided she'd be horrible and chew not only my coat but my arm as well :shock: so i now have a nasty bite mark on my arm... thanks Honey :roll: anyways the vet said that Honey was very Weezy and has given me some Baytril to give to her tomorrow :? and i have to take her back next week or before if she shows any signs of getting worse :shock: the vets also making me get her vaccinated against Myxi im going to get Crystal done at the same time fingers crossed Honey gets better!

I hope Honey gets better and I hope your arm gets better too!

Don't worry, you're not the only one who gets savaged in the vets, Inky decided at one of his annual vaccinations to scratch me, all across my neck and chest. I got some stares in the waiting room, I can tell you.

With the wheeziness, I would make sure she is nice and warm at night. Also, maybe put some vick or a drop of Olbas oil on a tissue (out of reach) near where she is.

FriskyClover said:
I hope Honey gets better and I hope your arm gets better too!

Don't worry, you're not the only one who gets savaged in the vets, Inky decided at one of his annual vaccinations to scratch me, all across my neck and chest. I got some stares in the waiting room, I can tell you.

With the wheeziness, I would make sure she is nice and warm at night. Also, maybe put some vick or a drop of Olbas oil on a tissue (out of reach) near where she is.

lol it was the first time ive been attacked by my bun lol all i can say is i am not looking forward to her trip to the vets next week! what im worried about now is i was also told to treat Honey with Panacur incase she has ring worm... if she does have ringworms could she have passed it onto me by biting me? she actually drew blood! so im quite worried :shock: or am i just being silly :? lol

Ringworm is a fungal disease, so called because of the 'ring' that appears.

As long as you cleaned the bite properly, I should think you'll be ok. If anything does come up, you can get stuff prescribed by your doctor but I shouldn't think you need to worry.

You're right Frisky! :) Ringworm is a fungal infection and not "worms" as such.It needs to be treated with an anti-fungal medication. I didn't think Panacur was suitable for that.... isn't it for parasitical infestation?

Panacur for ringworm? That can't be right. As others have said, ringworm is a fungal skin infection. Panacur is for intestinal worms (and the parasite that causes EC).

Hope Honey feels better soon!

Back