• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bite wound

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
I was attacked by my sooty fawn doe today! resulting in 2 stiches in the palm of my hand :shock: she is very moody normally but today she just growled and jumped at me biting my hand

Ouch :shock:

Is your Doe spayed? If not I suspect her aggression may well be hormonal.
If she is spayed and aggression is unusual for her maybe she is feeling poorly.

I hope your injury heals up soon

Janex

well after having to have stiches and a tetnus jab i thought it was over! i now have a nasty infection in the wound and spent most of this morning at the minor injuries unit.We have been to the vets who had to put on gauntlets to touch her! he cannot find anything wrong and she is already spayed so it cant be that.she growls at me and goes up on her back legs and bites if you try to get near her.I am very concerned as to what to do??any ideas? :(

youngbunny2 said:
well after having to have stiches and a tetnus jab i thought it was over! i now have a nasty infection in the wound and spent most of this morning at the minor injuries unit.We have been to the vets who had to put on gauntlets to touch her! he cannot find anything wrong and she is already spayed so it cant be that.she growls at me and goes up on her back legs and bites if you try to get near her.I am very concerned as to what to do??any ideas? :(

Have you had her teeth & back checked? Is she eating as normal? Any un-neutered buns near her?

Are you on antibiotics? Docs made me have a 5 week course after bun bite, as there was high risk of infection in hand/wrist.

Oh dear, poor you.

Benjamin likes to nibble all the time and when he was younger he would nip and bite your bum or back or side when you werent watching. He doesnt do it now, but he did bite my thumb a few weeks ago really hard and drew blood.

When Oscar and Benjamin were trying to bond :lol: :lol: Oscar bit my foot.... that hurt.

Back