• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does Daisy Need a Friend?

Daisy Pants

Young Bun
My Daisy is an indoor rabbit (French Lop), no hutch, no cage, just run of the house and a banana box filled with straw as her bed, where she gets tucked in at night. :love: :love:

We're out now more during the day and I'm worried she may get lonely.. we're contemplating another - which we invisage to have a box next to Daisy's.. still hutchless..

Do we need the same breed? A boy or a girl? I assume she has been spayed as she has never seems to have any 'urges' (?) :oops: We don't know how old Daisy is so what age Bun woud we get? & What if she doesn't want a friend and we bring a 'stranger' in!!!?!?!

Help!!!!

Maybe you coudl take Daisy to the vest to see if she has been speyed first of all just so you know what you are dealing with as you may introduce a friend and then decide she needs to be speyed then you would have to re-bond all over again - but once you know whats what I say YAY to getting her a friend - shes sounds a very spoilt bunny :D :D :D :D

Not sure if they can tell if she has been spayed, but as birdiebun says it might be sensible to see if they can? I would definitely say she needs a friend if she is on her own a lot in the day. As far as the rest, I think i am right in saying that it doesn't really matter too much about breed, age etc.

Perhaps go along to a local rescue and let her choose her 'husbun' herself? :wink:

Girls can get on well, but usually male/female bondings are easiest! You can bring Daisy in to meet her and see how they get on :D

Back