• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two bunnies - what size house?

By the way I have Loppy's Loft from Pets at Home which he is allowed in all the time and then when I am in the garden he is allowed to play out free range (fully secure fence etc).

if that is the size the rspca require i would say no as you have to think its great to have lots of buns but is it fair on them if their accommodation isnt sufficiently sized? :)

does Ozzy have free range time? How often is he in his hutch? :)

Hutch: w132 x h55 x d77cm Run: w132 x h50 x d139cm

Those are the dimensions^^

He is in the hutch and run combo all day apart from when he is allowed at least 2 hours free range play with at least me out there and normally my brother aswell.

I just know the new guidelines for two bunnies are 6x2x2 aren't they?

XxX

I didnt rescue Beau from the RSPCA but the rescue that I got him from said the minimum hutch they would rehome to was 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with an attached run :D x

I would say you'd be better off with a dog crate and then you can attatch a pen if you need to have them shut in during the day.
The zooplus cage isn't really big enough if they are going to be shut in.
Dog crate would be cheaper too :D

You'd need to ask the individual centre you want to adopt from. Most of the RSPCA's are branches and can set their own rules for requirements when you adopt. What they want from a set up can vary. I'd give them a call/email and describe your setup and see if they would be okay with it :)

Tam

Back