• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shelters for Runs

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Any ideas for shelters to go in runs? It needs to be cheap :lol:

I've looked at hooded cat litter trays but the cheapest I can find is about £15, does that sound about right?

Any sites for wooden ones would be good too

Thanks

karen354 said:
I usually just put their carrier in with them, I was looking for a wooden one but they weren't cheap..

I'm using their carrier for guineapigs and it doesn't fit two buns in anyway so I need to buy something new in any case.

When the weather is dry, mine love their large cardboard box (cut into the shape of a house with doors) which they duck into for a nap. They get a new one every couple of weeks. I used their carrier for a while, but they now think this is a potty tray when I put it in there. Another idea would be to purchase a small secondhand hutch and remove the doors and lay this in your run.

Or you could buy a small hutch, remove the sleeping area divider, and use it as a shelter in the run with the doors propped open.

Yeah why not buy one of the tidly little ones that get advertised on Ebay.. stop someone buying it to put their giant bun in 24/7

I use an upturned plastic stage box with a hole cut in one end.

Back