• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"My rabbit's got no nose...."

toffee

Mama Doe
"How does it smell?"

"Awful" :roll:

Sorry, terrible sense of humour.

My baby rabbit smells different to my other five. Is this because he's a baby? Or cos he's new in my house? Or just cos he smells different?

He has a really sweet sickly smell - a bit like the sour milk smell on human babies. This is odd!! My other rabbits don't have a noticeable odour to me usually.

Anyone know why this little'un smells funny??? Maybe it's just me??

He's in very good nick and has a lovely clean fluffy white bottom!!!! It's his skin and fur that smells I think rather than any bodily functions!

Maybe his smell will change as he gets older.

sugar had a very distinct smell when she was younger but its changing now, it was a nice sweet smell and kind of like a bunny perfume to me! i think animals like humans may have their own scent, i may have got used to sugars now!

Jack's-Jane said:
Is he well in himself ? No diarrhoea?
Cant say I have ever had a Bun that smells of 'sour milk'.... :?

Janex

sorry but Jane :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that comment made me laugh cos I thought sour milk hmmmm :shock:

i think personally baby bunnies smell gorgeous i lurve to sniff baby bunnies :shock: :lol:

Are you sure its sour milk and not a weird sweet almost oniony smell? cos thats uneutered baby bun wee and musk! which goes one theyre done.
willow is 4 months old and a frenchie and shes always lurvely to sniff..but when shes excited phewweee!! :shock:

Back