• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

want 2 write email to my freecycle

my local freecycle allow people to post animals up and i know alot of groups dont.
could anyone whos good at phrasing things come up with a idea for a email i could send to my local freecycle about the chance of animals no longer being put on ''offer''
any help would be greatly appreciated

hmmm

what about something like

please could you consider not allowing people to place adverts for live animals, as this puts the animals concerned in danger. Animals advertised on freecycle could end up in terrible conditions, or even being killed.

Then say something like other areas don't allow it, as well as ebay.

thanks sarah - i had proper writters block - this is what i have sent

Dear Kettering Freecycle

I was wondering if there was a chance you could atall ban the ''offer'' of live animals. Animals advertised on freecycle could end up in terrible conditions, or even being killed
i know you may think im being a little dramatic but sometimes people just take something because it is on offer...and if an animal say a rabbit is being offered with a hutch also some people will not think twice about the care a rabbit needs and will no research - think it will make a nice pet for the kids or something. and sadly a little time down the line the chances are the animal will be forgotton and neglected about. people may also even try and pass on animals of ill health if they can no longer care for them or afford the vets bills.
many freecycles do not allow the advertisement of live animals and ebay also have a very strong policy on it aswell.
i would be very grateful if you could consider us joining the other animal friendly groups.
you could always post a link to rspca sites or rehoming shelters on the site to direct people in the right direct if they can no longer keep or care for their animals.

thank you and i look foward to your responce
Kirsty (corby)

Back