• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor bunnies...a sorry life story.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
The two free-ad bunnies I took in last night, Jester and Nero had such a horrible story behind them :( .

The guys wife took them from their friends (I use the term lightly) who are a Rotherham based breeder because they were told if they were not homed they were being PTS (this was as BABIES). They were also told two brother would live quite happily together :roll: .

Anyway 18 months down the line and hormones kick in, bunnies start to fight and try to castrate each other so one goes to the vets to be neutered. They live in seperate compartments in the same hutch until he recovers. One is then put into the other ones run and hey presto they start to fight again, and then the couple unsure of what else to do put them up for free rehoming.

They are here now and in quite good shape, gorgeous black and white butterfly lops. Jester is being neutered tuesday and Nero is already done. It just amazes me how neglectful, ignorant and downright callous some so-called Breeders can be. :twisted:

Sooz22 said:
The two free-ad bunnies I took in last night, Jester and Nero had such a horrible story behind them :( .

The guys wife took them from their friends (I use the term lightly) who are a Rotherham based breeder because they were told if they were not homed they were being PTS (this was as BABIES). They were also told two brother would live quite happily together :roll: .

Anyway 18 months down the line and hormones kick in, bunnies start to fight and try to castrate each other so one goes to the vets to be neutered. They live in seperate compartments in the same hutch until he recovers. One is then put into the other ones run and hey presto they start to fight again, and then the couple unsure of what else to do put them up for free rehoming.

They are here now and in quite good shape, gorgeous black and white butterfly lops. Jester is being neutered tuesday and Nero is already done. It just amazes me how neglectful, ignorant and downright callous some so-called Breeders can be. :twisted:

Do not get me started on SOME breeders. During the last few days I have heard of a 'situation' that makes me feel :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am glad you now have the Buns. They can now look forward to a happier future.

Janex

Back