• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging in a litter tray when pooing

Mart

Mama Doe
Pasha has started to dig whilst peeing/pooing in his litter tray.

It is mostly a 'slight' action - he is pretty gently digging with his front paws. He will then turn around and seems to inspect the poo/pee before turing again and repeating.

He hasn't always done this either - it seems to be a recent habit.

He seems to be pooing and peeing normally in terms of quantity and appearance - and seems happy enough.

Just wondering whether it could be indicative of any problems - possibly discomfort when going to the loo ?

Anyone else's bun do something similar ?

Thanks

Martin

one of my new boys were doing that last night aswell digging before and after he went to the toilet. i guess theyre not much different to cats digging and covering their toilet presents :)

BirdieBun said:
omg mart i didnt know you had another bun?

oh actually is the bun identical to your Jasper?

We've had Pasha for about 15 months - although he does look very similar to Jaro(slav) whom we lost 19 months ago :(

Jaro:
jaro_007.jpg

Pasha:
Pasha_001.jpg

Then we have Yalta - who in no way looks like the other 2 :) :
yalta_05.jpg

Martin

omg Jaro course! I knew Jasper didnt sound right and awwwww your 2 babies are gorgeous do they live together? :love:

BirdieBun said:
omg Jaro course! I knew Jasper didnt sound right and awwwww your 2 babies are gorgeous do they live together? :love:

Nope, not yet - although we would love to get them bonded.

Yalta suffers from 'fits', maybe gut related, but they also seem to be triggered by stress, so we delibearately haven't tried bonding them yet.

Pasha also hasn't had the 'snip' yet either - but we still hope one day to get then together :)

Martin

Mart said:
BirdieBun said:

Nope, not yet - although we would love to get them bonded.

Yalta suffers from 'fits', maybe gut related, but they also seem to be triggered by stress, so we delibearately haven't tried bonding them yet.

Pasha also hasn't had the 'snip' yet either - but we still hope one day to get then together :)

Martin

Awwww bless ya thats fantastic you sure love your little bunnies :love:

P.s my bino digs her litter tray out from time to time and Bambi throws hers upside down every so often too :? :roll:

They are gorgeous :love: :love: Just curious, why have your buns got russian names? Or Yalta which is actually a place?

Your bunnies are beautiful :love:

Squidgy digs a little and inspects what he's done. If we want to encourage him to pee in his litter tray (he's not always 100%!) we pop him in there and dig his front paws a little. It works!

Mart said:
Pasha has started to dig whilst peeing/pooing in his litter tray.

It is mostly a 'slight' action - he is pretty gently digging with his front paws. He will then turn around and seems to inspect the poo/pee before turing again and repeating.

He hasn't always done this either - it seems to be a recent habit.

He seems to be pooing and peeing normally in terms of quantity and appearance - and seems happy enough.

Just wondering whether it could be indicative of any problems - possibly discomfort when going to the loo ?

Anyone else's bun do something similar ?

Thanks

Martin

Bunny has always done this, I read on a website somewhere that this is sort of what they do in the wild in the 'toilet' burrow, he sometimes flicks about and covers up his 'business' too.
Trinny and Smokie do a similar action in their new digging area, but they just then stretch out 'dead bunny style' in the little dip they have made and go to sleep in the sun :D

wozle oscar and bertie dig and cober their poo..and inspect it..kibbles was a d evil may care doe and just went and ran out again! Bif is a god digger and buryier but then she alsoleaves little piles on the hay to mark which thray she prefers! they tend to have a fave one t pee in and a fave one to po in..bertie likes to wee in the one bif likes to poo in and they swapa round!
i was worried cos i hadnt seen much poo intheir trays over 48hrs and there was the usual amount on the floor.however when i wnet to clean the trays out the same day i found layers..yes layers..poo bedding..poo bedding..poo bedding bit of poo! plus wee..thyere doingit more now we have willow but pooing more arund the floor around their trays..ie..this is MINE!! :lol:

Back