• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay vs. fresh grass

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
This is probably an incredibly stoopid question seeing as wild bunnies would eat fresh grass :oops: :oops: :oops: but is fresh picked grass from the garden as good nutritionally and for teeth wearing as hay?! :oops:

Audrey still won't eat masses of hay but she does like fresh grass- the garden is like a jungle at the moment with lots of juicy long grass so if I pick some for her will this be as good as hay?!

I've ordered a sample pack from the hayexperts so she can try them out too.

Picked grass is fine. Would be even better if she could graze herself then she'd do all the 'natural' jaw and teeth actions.
If the grass is very lush I'd go easy on it at first as some Buns can get bloaty if they pig out on too much.

Janex

Thank you for not laughing at me! :lol:

She seems more confident in the garden now so she has a run around at weekends and some evenings, but I was thinking I could pick a pile for her to have whilst I'm at work.

i heard grass was too high in calcium to consume? :?

mine lurveee it though in the garden and i aint gonna stand there shooing them off sayng dont eat that its bad for u :shock: :lol: :lol:

mandy we neeeeeeed some audrey pics :thumb:

Back