• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forced grooming

Isabel

Warren Veteran
A strange title I know and not really apropriate either.

Whenever Barney is grooming himself and is sat on his back legs Roxy runs over and sticks her head underneath him, consequently Barney really has no choice but to groom her as well. It's really very sweet to watch as she gazes up hopefully and he sort of begrudgingly (imagine you've just asked your fella to do the washing up) starts to groom her.

So does anyone elses buns force their partner to groom them?

EDIT: Just to add, she does exactly the same to me and will sit very close to me and if my hand is around she will nudge it or nip me if I don't respond, she is one eager beaver :lol:

Yep!, all pairs of bunnies that I have had do this, I think it's normal behaviour.

And I agree with you the expression sometimes is "Oh no not again" and is quite funny

Liam does this all the time to Mishka and she obliges everytime, i haven't seen Liam groom her though, typical bloke, us ladies have to do everything :lol:

Joanne26 said:
Liam does this all the time to Mishka and she obliges everytime, i haven't seen Liam groom her though, typical bloke, us ladies have to do everything :lol:

:lol: exactly!

Bundle does it to Weedie - I've seen her go up to him loads and push her head down right in front of him. Come to think of it, I've only ever seen him grooming her, never the other way around! Perhaps she thinks she's the boss and therefore deserves the grooming! :lol: but personally I think it's because she's too lazy to groom herself :roll: she can be quite a dirty little mare and Weedie is spotlessly clean - he's such a good boy! He's very fastidious with his grooming and is always spotless all over. :D He does all his business in the litter trays whereas Bundle, no matter what I do, pees wherever she feels like it (and is happy to sit in it! :roll: )

My lot do it to each other too, but the bun grooming themself tends to ignore the demanding bun and just get on with it and both seem happy so - whatever really ....

Back