• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wud u class this as neglect?

my mate has a rabbit who she got off someone at work who no longer wanted her. the rabbit was kept in a 3ft hutch and had an eye infection which is all treated now.
anyways i keep telling her to research flystrike - told her months ago - she still hasnt. she wont get the bun spayed even tho i linked her to sites and told her the risk of cancer.
bunny was living in house in a hutch type thing and had access to kitchen floor at all times but now been moved outside with no permanent run, the hutch is 2 level (but shes cut one level off cas bun never used the ramp, its big enough for about 2 little hops and not enough to perriscope. but bunny does come inside from about 5pm - 10 pm. im trying to tell her its not fair on the bun and is abit like neglect but shes failing to see it. :(

poor bun can't see why she cut of the bottom part if she had left it on at least the bun would have had a choice to use it or not.

I'm not sure if its exactly neglect as there's lots of animals living in much worse conditions :cry: but the owner could improve the bunns life a lot- by getting her a friend and a hutch with attached run etc.

Maybe suggest she joins here?

When bunny comes in between five and ten, does bunny have the run of the house to skip and jump?

Back