• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow went for vhd jab..came out with spay date!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Oh yes willow had her vhd jab this morning at 10.30 or just after..and whilst there i asked petra when she could spay her as the old vets said 6 months no younger but kibbles was done at just on 4 months old all those years back..
petra said shed be very happy to spay her for me..but in 2 weeks time after her vhd jab has kicked in. also shes making sure she spays her hersefl before she goes on holiday..pheww i feel beter knowing its petra doing that.
I am also relieved to find out that at the big hospital they have seperate wards for dogs..cats and small animals..makes a nice change! the vets take them up there themselves at the ned of surgery and bring them back once recovered in the afternoon.
then i collect her from the local surgery..
if i wasnt epileptic and could drive id take her there myself but its nice that you get a choice.
so shes come out with her date to be spayed as her hormones havent kicked in..YET!! oh please let her stay that way until shes been done!..pleeeeezzzzzeeeee :lol: :lol:

so 2 weeks time it is..then two weks after that i can begin bodning them
oh btw she weighed 2.86kg a fortnight ago..today she weighs 3.65kg! shes growing alright but i dont think shell get fat chasing around her section of the lounge each day with the 2 kittens..she joins in the kitty mad ash and then they join in her mad dashes..
bertie n bif have just realised its why they get so much peace in the evenings these days :lol:
so come on..more adice post op please..its been a very very long time since ive had to nurse adoe thru post op spay!!
im armed with syringes..rabbit recvoery..baby food..bio lapis..pet rug..dog crate with all her bts in..metacam..
herbs on windowsill..bags of prepared slad will be oredered in for then too!
stopping her bite her stitches off will be my worry...my old doe they gave her a satellitte dish and she had to wear it for 10days to 2 weeks till stitches came out..her eyes got infected and she was a mess couldnt eat with it on..did her more harm than good.is there anyother ways of helping keep her stitches in..like an old tube sock round the tummy like with cats? although zuzu had to have a sateliite dish too..naughty kitty!
all tips gratefull accepted...please!

Your vets sound lovely- where abouts in hampshire are you purblebumble?
My vets has a hospital based in ringwood, Hampshire and there they had separate wards for their animals. I was very impressed with the facilities there and Dillon had to stay in overnight after his neuturing and was taken there and brought back by ambulance to the the practice near me. :D

I am near waterlooville and the hospital is a fair old way from here..its in shedfield! near bishops waltham way..
the animed website has pictures of the building..it also has a equine unit at the back.!

i adore our vet petra..ive known her manyyears but when i first went to her i had no idea it was the vet we used to have years ago at the pdsa!
shes been so wonderful with my lil girl bif..the bunny who the other practice said had cancer and was just waiting to be put down..hu hum..
shes always relaxed and floppy eared when shes with petra..the best sing of a bunny vet i can see first and foremost..how the buns are with her. then all the info and feedback we have and the fact she has 3 herself and her hubby is an exotics vet in another practice that she does 2 days a week at too..
Ihave seen bunnies put in with dogs at other vets and nervous cats shoved in a cupborad or strage area to avod being with the dogs.
sadly most practices seem to focus on dogs even more than cats..let alone bunnies...
sound like you ave a wonderful vets too..finally is al i cans ay about us getting petra as one.!

Back