• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your bunnys do at night when your asleep?

Lynette

Warren Scout
I havn't been sleeping too great the last few nights and went downstairs and heard really loud banging. I ran upstairs to get the OH - thought someone was breaking in. But Kev came down to see that it was actually Rusty.

Went into his room and he just looked shocked to see us :lol:

The last few nights he has been doing the same banging - I think he is jumping around his run on all the different levels :D

Mine live in my bedroom, and dont have a cage, Ihave a toruch under my pillow and I spy on them at night. Last night they knocked a basket of hay off their shelf type thing and chucked it around the room. And Abbey ran around with a carrot in her mouth so Nunzeo couldnt get it. I dont get much sleep, but I wouldn't have them living anywhere else, I love when they wake me up doing something cute!

They keep me awake!!

Daisy used to be free range (unitl she ate the wallpaper), and she was far less of a disturbance then!!

Scrat about outside and wake me up!
I hear digging in my dreams...

The guinea pigs also like to gnaw on wood very loudly and binky about like crazy... they are seriously loud piggies.

I'm sure mine sleep when we do - in the summer they get restless earlier as when it's light they wonder where their breakfast is - in the winter we rarely hear them before we open the baby gate and go into their room :D Clever buns :lol:

I'm not sure, I'm always asleep!! I would panic if I heard them banging about.

I remember once (many years ago when I was still at Uni), the rabbit hutch was under my window and it was warm so I had my window open! I heard lots of thumping one night, it woke me so I looked out of the window... I was totally shocked to find a badger right up to the hutch, scaring my poor bunny. I went down stairs and banged on the french doors, expecting it to run away! It didn't!! I had to open the door and shoo is away with a broom!!! Was always worried after that that it would come back .

Sorry rather a long off topic story!

It's interesting that you say yours stamp monkey, cos bertie did exactly that last night and woke me up. i went into their room to make sure he was ok and he just looked at me as if to say "what do you want mum"? :lol:

Quite scarily! - Mine sleep! :?
Except sometimes at about 1am or so they chase each other - then they go back to sleep... but they dont always sleep with me - sometimes they sleep in their hutch.

One of mine sleeps in his hutch, the other one sleeps under our bed of all places. When she was younger/unspayed, she used to be a bit restless, but now she sleeps all night long, we would hear if she was moving. She stamped maybe twice in the last 3-4 months, perhaps had a bunny nightmare i thought.

I H ave got ctv in my buns shed but uts not working at the mo
but when it was working we would watch them for ages on it :lol: :lol:

I know mine reck their shed at night :lol: :lol:

I was trying to sleep on the sofa one night (don't ask!) and despite what I thought they hardly keep still, just munching, jumping on the shelf, jumping off the shelf...just being them really but in the dark. Other times when I've popped back into the living room they've both been laid down together looking rather cute!

mine make me up as theo throws the jingle ball about and they run in their runs and bang- and dig in thoilets etc. Normally we sleep trough it but face the devastation in the morning.

I looked in this mornin to find a clump of cleos fur- they must have had a domestic through the bars last night.

Abbi I think is generally a good girl at night... although EVERY morning at around 6 she always has a mad half hour where she runs round her crate (which she lives in at night) and tries to bite her way out :shock: Last night she went free range at night for the first time and woke up with her up against my face a few times :lol:

Was exactly the same with Tia when she was living in my bedroom!

The downstairs lot bang their treat ball about and run around... and Nitro jumps on my head in the middle of the night :roll: :lol:

CottonMather said:
The downstairs lot bang their treat ball about and run around... and Nitro jumps on my head in the middle of the night :roll: :lol:

Clearly you are not well trained enough to know that they want you attention when THEY want it. Honestly these bunny mummies who think they still have a choice in the matter :lol:

Mine make as much noise as possible to keep me awake!!!!! :roll:
And if they start thumping i go out with the torch to check there`s no predators, they all sit there looking all innocent & start munching on their hay! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Back