• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small Poos

kayjay

Warren Veteran
One of the bunsters is doing small poos, no way of telling which one as they share the litter tray.

Why would they be small? And what can I do?

They're both moulting and Pippa's the one that does the grooming, MJ less so but still does it - could it be hair causing it? Or a change of environment to their hutch/run upsetting them?

It could be either, or a combination of both.
Have you got any (fresh) pineapple juice you can give them, maybe a few dandelion leaves, and lots of hay.
Are they still eating ok?

They seem to be munching their hay happily enough

I'll try some juice when I get to the shops today - do I syringe it in? I'll also give them a good brush for stray hairs

MIne are the same...I mean the rabbits' poos :lol: :lol: . While they were indoors theirs were big and golden, but since they've gone back out doors and are on the grass most of the day their poos are small and dark..loads of them though. Both buns are eating and drinking well and are very active. I don't give them any extra greens in the hutch if they've been on grass so they eat only hay from approx 8pm-8am. Both are moulting. They do have an eggcupful of SS pellets between them in the morning.

kayjay said:

I'll try some juice when I get to the shops today - do I syringe it in? I'll also give them a good brush for stray hairs
I give mine fresh pineapple..about an inch cube(including the skin) twice a week. They love it

capel said:
kayjay said:

I give mine fresh pineapple..about an inch cube(including the skin) twice a week. They love it
Mine love fresh pineapple too.I also pour the juice over their pellets twice a week.

I would have thought that tinned in its own juice with no sugar added will be fine. Mine get fresh at the moment only because we all love it and it's fairly cheap at the mo with buy one get one free offers :lol:

Hello!

Just a thought ...has one being gobbling the others' share of the pellets - this happens with my lot sometimes? :lol: And small dark poos are the result

Also could be a sign of not eating as much hay as used to, so worth keeping an eye. I think sometimes a dodgy piece of veg can do this too.

To be honest, I think the recent heatwave has had an effect of my lots' poops - smaller than usual

Fiona x

Fionabun said:
Hello!

Just a thought ...has one being gobbling the others' share of the pellets - this happens with my lot sometimes? :lol: And small dark poos are the result

Also cold be a sign of not eating as much hay as used to, so worth keeping an eye. I think sometimes a dodgy piece of veg can do this too.

To be honest, I think the recent has had an effect of my lots' poops - smaller than usual

Fiona x

Recent what? :lol:

I've been thinking about phasing out the pellets completely now that they are back on the grass for at least 10 hours a day. What do you all think? Or perhaps confine them to barracks(the run under the hutch is on the patio and is 5x7) with nothing but hay for a few days?

Back