• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my little poser

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
im going to enter Honey into the Bunny Mad magazine Competition and ive already started taking pictures :oops: i just wanted a few honest opinions and if anyone has any picture taking tips id be much grateful :D

Honeyrs1.gif

Honeyrs2.gif

Honeyrs3.gif

Honeyrs4.gif

Honeyrs5.gif

the best photos ive ever had are in the garden. i just follow them around and click away - i ended up taking 116 of puzzle and i got some fantastic pictures and they are really natural ones. i got right down on the floor on my tummy for alot of shots and snapped away.
they are fabby pics tho - shes lovely :D

bumble3130 said:
the best photos ive ever had are in the garden. i just follow them around and click away - i ended up taking 116 of puzzle and i got some fantastic pictures and they are really natural ones. i got right down on the floor on my tummy for alot of shots and snapped away.
they are fabby pics tho - shes lovely :D

i would love to do a few pics of Honey in a garden i think they'd look fab problem is i dont have one lol i live in a 1 bed flat so im having to try my best with pics inside :p im sure il still end up with a few good ones to send in though its all just for a bit of fun :p Honey will be competing against so many Gorgeous buns!

OK... I'll try and be helpful!

I often like to get at the same level as the animal (often involves laying down on my front!)

Your biggest problem inside will be getting enought light - if you can use a well lit room, but I would avoid taking the photos in direct strong daylight as you may burn out the hightlights! Not sure what settings you have on your camera?

I believe that the photos is going to be used on the front cover (just got my copy of Bunny Mad), so you may want to think of a portrait orientated photograph? Also possibly leave enough room at the top for the title of the magazine and maybe the bottom for other "words". I'm sure any orientation of photograph will work that's just my opinion!

If you are restriced to inside photos perhaps think of some funny props? Have a look at BiBi, they are always great and imaginative (I have NO imagination).

Other than that, always have you camera out and ready (not on display of course it may get stollen :shock: ), then if you notice a cute pose you can snap away!

It's very exciting, the prizes are great... I'm sure we will all be snapping away!

If all else fails - hire a professional - (er... not really I think that's against the rules!!)

Good luck and remember to have fun!

I love your piccies, cute bunny! and so pleased you are going to enter the competition! Willow warrens tips are great. My main tip would be that the photos need to be as clear as possible and saved on your computer at the highest resolution possible and preferrably as a JPEG format.
Like you say it is just for fun!! and there is 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th prizes and I will also be printing my favourite piccies in the centre pages too, so even if you didn't win you may still get to make you bunny a star!
Please evrybunny get snapping!! all those gorgeous bunnies out there just waiting to be a star! :D

thanks the tips :thumb: i should be in a house with a garden before the 1st of August so i should be able to get a few good pics of Honey in the garden to send in :D to be honest im using this competition as a way of bonding with Honey which is working because shes now starting to lick my hand :D im having fun taking pics as well which is good :D

Back