• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess What I'm Getting

kayjay

Warren Veteran
:D :D :D :D :D A NEW BUNNY :D :D :D :D :D

My hubby's just come home and said a lady at work has been trying to find a home for her rabbit as she's emigrating to New Zealand. She apparently inherited him when she bought the house as the previous owners couldn't have pets where they were going. She had found him a home but he was returned this weekend as the new people's yorkshire terrier was terrified of him. She's rung round rescues and rspca etc and everywhere is full and the only option is to pts as she's going in 10 days and she is distraught at that prospect

So what could I do???? I've told David that if Pippa and MJ don't like having a new bun on their patch or for any other reason I'll find him a new home through RU rather than have him pts

He's called Teddy, is a Hustlander, 2 and a half years old, and the best bit - is NEUTERED so I can get him a friend :D She said when she moved into the house he had severe flystrike and he needed an operation to save him :( She had him neutered last year for 'male behavioural' reasons but their stupid vet told her rabbits can't be put with other rabbits :?

She says he's lovely and friendly, comes running up like a dog for cuddles, she's taken him for a walk to the park :shock: and to 'play' with her sister's rabbit who he groomed constantly.

I can have his hutch, but it sounds too small (a two storey one) as she says he's a very big bunny but it will do for now and he's due for his vaccinations now, they were done a year ago.

:D :D :D Can you tell I'm pleased :lol: :lol:

I'm going to meet him tomorrow or Friday night and getting him next weekend, not the one coming as we're out both days, but the next one

mandy said:
Oh wow cool Kathryn :D Do you know what hustlanders look like? They are GORGEOUS! :D

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as David said he was a Hustlander I said, I'll have him :lol:

I have no idea what hustlanders look like, but sounds like a great addition to your bun family anyway :D :D :D

On that site it describes them as a small breed of rabbit but this lady says hers is very large - cost a lot more to neuter than quoted due to his size apparently :?

Back