• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long...

icklep360

Warren Scout
Does it take roughly for a new bunny to settle in and get used to humans, never mind 2 cats and a dog?

I've had Buster for 2 1/2 weeks, I've never had a bun before, so I'm unsure how long it will take to win him over. He comes running for his food, and isn't too bad when I pick him up, but still seems quite scared of me. When I let him out he seems quite happy running about the living room, and does climb over me but always seems nervous.

Do I just keep tempting him with food? Don't get me wrong I know I'll not get cuddles from him, but I don't want him being scared of me

i think just perservering(sp?) getting them use to you loads of attention a treat every time they let you stroke them or pick them up like flat leaf parsley (2large packs for £1.50 in morrisons at the moment!). Not leaning over them like children bend down to their level so they wont see u as a threat 9like an eagle or bird of prey). Just patience as take that say! :lol:

def patience!

I got mine last august - first time rabbit owner too. I have seen progress nearly every week/month, and even now they're still being more and more friendly all the time. its so rewarding and they're more and more cheeky everyday. :lol:

Back