• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possible love match (about time too)

Well, for those of you that havent heard this story about 20 times:

We've had Gus nearly 4 years and Lola nearly 18 months. We got Lola from a rescue as they did seem to like each other when we took Gus to the rescue, and we also felt so sorry for her we couldnt leave her behind.

Once we got them home, even in neutral territory, Lola started to boss Gus about and being over twice the size of him its quite scary (and at over a stone she's really powerful). She's very territorial when it comes to food and they have never lived together as she has attacked him on a few occasions (last September she nearly removed his manhood :shock: )

Despite this (and i know she doesnt like other bunnies - even my vet agrees on this one) she does seem to love Gus - they live in a large room seperated by a couple of pen panels. She washes him through the bars and they spend a lot of time snuggled up together.

We havent had them together without a pen though since september but since we moved house they seem to be getting on great. So we put them in a pen together on monday night. Gus froze (probably still remembers the september spring green incident :lol: ) and Lola sauntered over and washed him for a bit before going off to mow my lawn. They were like this for about 30 minutes.

We put them together in the living room last night and she went straight over to wash him. He didnt seem quite as traumatised last night even when she stood on his head to wash his back :shock: (he knows his place :lol: )

So i now think we are back to the stage where they can be put together supervised :D :D :D. I can officially claim that i at least have a semi-bonded pair instead of 5 singles (is this a record??)

I wish so much that they could live together but sadly with Lola, if theres food involved - no bunny including Gus is allowed to get near it and she can get really bad tempered. Still I'm glad to see them both happy.

I'm not sure if Lola is neutered- the rescue said she was neutered before going to them but i think this is quite unlikely and she is a bit of a stroppy madam. But the vet doesnt think its worth investigating further as Lola doesnt respond well to GA and i dont want to risk putting her through something unnecesarily.

Back