• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EGLU (OMLET) RUN

MollyMay

Warren Scout
Just to point out my Rabbits DONT LIVE in the Eglu, and Run they only go in it for there exercise, I put them back in there hutches in the evening, I would never leave them in there all year round, I only bought it as an exercse run, not a rabbit hutch.

Hey don't worry, its only people's opinions after all. I think its ok as a run :thumb: Just rather expensive :shock: :lol:

I agree with Mandy, don't be upset over opinions, there are so many people on this forum you will always get differences of opinions (which is one of the reason I like it on here!!). You are happy with it as a run, your rabbits are happy with it and at the end of the day that's what matters - ok so rescues won't rehome to you with it, but you're not looking to adopt any at the moment.

I know the recommended sizes now but I do wonder how many of RU members actually have ALL their rabbits in this size hutch/run - I know from the many pics we see not all of them are but they don't get criticised as they are 'established' members..... don't worry, just take any comments on board and move on :D

Hi there. Please don't worry though to be honest I too would have felt a little upset by the responses you got.

You obviously care for your bunnies and it is only you and them that matter here

Fiona x

Some people think they're helping but just end up coming across a bit offensive. Don't worry, apart from the price, I think it's great. (My god they're expensive!)

raven_guest said:
Some people think they're helping but just end up coming across a bit offensive. Don't worry, apart from the price, I think it's great. (My god they're expensive!)

:shock: I know, I wish I'd designed them, I'd have enough money for several hundred rabbits by now :lol:

D'you want to get together and design a pink rabbit hutch and make a fortune :lol:

I'm with the other people who've replied to this too. I saw your first thread and was quite surprised at the reaction you got. I also read a hen forum and there are people there raving about how good the eglu is. It looks fine to me - 'specially when you read all about the insulation and stuff. My buns are free range (which I would expect to get a lot of flak about on here too), so I wouldn't be putting them in an eglu, but if my neighbours had their buns in one I wouldn't be the nosey, interfering cow that I am with them (!)

Hey I think it looks kinda cool too.... :wink:

As for the replies you got on the other thread.... as usual lots of people 'who know best :roll: ' jumped to conclusions and assumed that you rabbits live in it all the time... I don't think a single one of them actually asked you :roll: Try not to take it to heart

I think it makes a great run and is almost like a bit of garden furniture as well :D I wish I have enough money to get one

This what I think, people are entitled to an opinion and we all have to remember that is exactly what it is!

Members on this forum have no right to tell others what to do or not to do. We are all adults and can make up our own minds.

This forum is for all rabbit lovers, this is what we have to keep in mind.

It was not made clear in the orignal post that the Eglu is for a run only in this instance and that the buns are housed in a hutch as well (oh to have that much money :D ). When someone openly asks for opinions, different opinions is what you're going to get....... this forum is not about being "yes men/women"

I agree with luvabun.....everyone was asked for their opinions, and everyone gave them. Why should everyone give a positive opinion if they think otherwise?

I for one think that they are a horrendous waste of money and you could get a decent sized run of the same or bigger area for a lot less money. It wasn't made clear in the original post that they were not permanently in the eglu, and most people would come to the conclusion that it was a full-time residence as the majority of people would not buy such an expensive item as just a run for daytime use.

But...that is just my opinion. If you don't want opinions, or only want positive ones, that's what you should ask for :)

I do think this member took a difficult time on the original post. Different opinions are fine but a lot jumped on a band wagon telling her how awful it was. A few opinions like this are fine, not almost three pages worth. What a shame. Especially when the original post made it clear that she was really very chuffed with the set up.

I agree that we should be celebrating our love for rabbits. This can be done without being a "yes yes" forum.

Ignore some people on here are too opinionated and do not listen!

It is great for a run and even for a summer home for bunnies!

I have to say I agree with the majority of people on this post. Your other post to me seemed harsh and people did jump to conclusions.

Unfortunately I feel that sometimes on this site you either get loads of replies when people are not in agreement with something or hardly any/none if you are not an 'established' member or on here 24/7!

Although I responded to Molly's original thread and told her that I would be utilising my late sister-in-laws eglu as an emergency run for my house rabbit whilst the builders are in, I do feel that now the members who responded on the other thread are being given a hard time.

If you post a thread and ask everyone what they think of Eglu's, you will receive that. Its like asking does my bum look big in this dress, being told it does, and then being upset and shocked. I don't feel that people were being opinionated, but giving their opinion 'as asked' about the Eglu.

Molly, like me, is using the Eglu as a run and the bunnies are not going to be in there 24/7. My bunnies are free range house bunnies and do also have an 8'x6'x3' run, but prefer having supervised freedom. But, I would not want to give a positive response on the Eglu as there is a lot of negative about it, particularly space in the "hutch"end. To do so would perhaps encourage other people to purchase one and there are better arrangements for bunnies if you are shopping with that amount of money, but again this is only my opinion.

Lets not now turn this thread into attacking the members who responded to the other thread as they were asked what they thought of Eglus. I think the three pages give a message that quite a few of the members are not happy to endorse this product.

raine said:
Although I responded to Molly's original thread and told her that I would be utilising my late sister-in-laws eglu as an emergency run for my house rabbit whilst the builders are in, I do feel that now the members who responded on the other thread are being given a hard time.

If you post a thread and ask everyone what they think of Eglu's, you will receive that. Its like asking does my bum look big in this dress, being told it does, and then being upset and shocked. I don't feel that people were being opinionated, but giving their opinion 'as asked' about the Eglu.

Molly, like me, is using the Eglu as a run and the bunnies are not going to be in there 24/7. My bunnies are free range house bunnies and do also have an 8'x6'x3' run, but prefer having supervised freedom. But, I would not want to give a positive response on the Eglu as there is a lot of negative about it, particularly space in the "hutch"end. To do so would perhaps encourage other people to purchase one and there are better arrangements for bunnies if you are shopping with that amount of money, but again this is only my opinion.

Lets not now turn this thread into attacking the members who responded to the other thread as they were asked what they thought of Eglus. I think the three pages give a message that quite a few of the members are not happy to endorse this product.

Partly agree but its not always about what you say but how you say it and my personal opinion is that three pages of negative comments is over the top!

norrielian said:
Partly agree but its not always about what you say but how you say it and my personal opinion is that three pages of negative comments is over the top!

Whole heartedly agree with this. I wish the sick rabbits posts got half as many posts sometimes.

I actually thought it was relatively clear in the initial post that the Eglu was only being used as a run, and said so. I think people just see the world "Eglu", form their opinions and jump in.

I do agree with the negative opinions of the Eglu, mainly because I think the alternatives for the same price are far, far superior. But if you have the money and that's how you want to spend it, then you have a good run with a nice bit of shelter.

I don't think people should not express their opinion, but they could probably do it in a way that doesn't make someone feel small. I mean, the Eglu might be overpriced, and I think whoever designed it has seen people who like a gimmick coming a mile off ;) :lol: but it's not the worst thing in the world an animal could be living in!

Sometimes people can sound really critical and belittling, and it's like, you can disagree, but you don't have to imply someone is a horrible person!

Back